John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Hi, I have a similar symptom on my WDR7543121W. Completely dead. Plug fuse is okay. Really happy to find out about this thread. I checked the D7 diode (both legs soldered out), but It seems like it is working, ca. 0.3mV in correct direction, OL on the other direction. Anybody faced something like this? Nevertheless, I still want to try to replace D7 and ordered 100V 2A diode and will give a try once received. Will update my result.

Edited by samiruzan
  • Like 1

Hi to all,

Thanks to Bob I managed to find the same problem on my washer-dryer Beko ProSmartInverter WDR7543121S which was about 32 months old.

The problem occurred when my washer was disconnected from water supply  and my wife tried to start it... after that washer just didn't started again

Luckily I had a Multimeter with a diode testing function ( which I never used it) and the problem was easy to find.

I tested all diodes on the board D6 and D7 were faulty (D6 is 5A 100V). D6 showed faulty on the board but when I took it off it looked fine, anyway I ordered and replaced both, washer is working fine.

Such a shame these days nobody wants to repair anything, it is all about consuming and the parts have some crazy prices...

Thanks Bob!

20210428_104252.jpg

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, SorinS said:

Hi to all,

Thanks to Bob I managed to find the same problem on my washer-dryer Beko ProSmartInverter WDR7543121S which was about 32 months old.

The problem occurred when my washer was disconnected from water supply  and my wife tried to start it... after that washer just didn't started again

Luckily I had a Multimeter with a diode testing function ( which I never used it) and the problem was easy to find.

I tested all diodes on the board D6 and D7 were faulty (D6 is 5A 100V). D6 showed faulty on the board but when I took it off it looked fine, anyway I ordered and replaced both, washer is working fine.

Such a shame these days nobody wants to repair anything, it is all about consuming and the parts have some crazy prices...

Thanks Bob!

20210428_104252.jpg

Hi Sorin s,

I did mention in a previous post that D7 being faulty could affect the readings of D6 when tested in circuit, even though D6 was ok. This may not be typical of all faults where D7 is faulty, so to prove that D6 is ok and D7 is faulty you must desolder 1 leg of D7 to get a more accurate reading. At least you got it working again, which is still a lot cheaper than replacing the board.

Regards Rob

• Like 1

On 29/04/2021 at 14:25, samiruzan said:

Hi, I have a similar symptom on my WDR7543121W. Completely dead. Plug fuse is okay. Really happy to find out about this thread. I checked the D7 diode (both legs soldered out), but It seems like it is working, ca. 0.3mV in correct direction, OL on the other direction. Anybody faced something like this? Nevertheless, I still want to try to replace D7 and ordered 100V 2A diode and will give a try once received. Will update my result.

Good luck

Rob

• Like 1

Just want to thank Rob (and Jonboyuk for the guide and pictures). Saved me £150+ and potentially weeks of waiting for an engineer to order a whole new board (which presumably would follow the same fate 2 years down the line..) 

My machine's model is slightly different (WDIX8543100), but exactly the same issue.. Just went completely dead. Just over 2 years old so outside of warranty. 

Ordered the bits, took me less than an hour.. sorted. Can't tell you what a good feeling it was. THANK YOU!  

Another user who had been caught by this Beko scam. Amazing addvice @bob12241, and an amazing photograph walkthrough guide here too. £3 diode on Amazon and £15 soldering iron later, done.

This sort of action by companies should be stopped, but very grateful that groups like this exist to help us out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 29/04/2021 at 10:25, samiruzan said:

Same here. Did you figure it out? I'd love the feedback. Thank you.