John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

bob12241 should be given some kind of knighthood or award or something.

17th December 2020 and his original post is STILL helping fix Beko Washing machines.

Mine died. I followed bobs advice and posts. And now my washing machine is working again.

I've made an imgr album containing photos from my experience. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/yMotcyY

Bearing in mind that I haven't soldered anything ever, and I was able to fix my machine.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, probably too late now but our washing machine, same make and model did the exact same thing. I am a qualified electrician and spent some time working out the wiring as Beko won't give the diagrams

Bob. You beauty. Another rescued machine, so therefore confirmation that it fixes this issue on the Beko WDIR7543101 integrated washer/dryer. I took the liberty of taking a series of photographs,

Hi there, just came to say that Rob's post above turned out to be exactly what was wrong with mine as well! My washer was only 2 years old and suddenly stopped turning on one day. First I thought it w

Posted Images

Nice album Curses-upon- Beko, Only one thing I feel I should point out and that is when testing a diode in circuit you can get confusing readings, if readings are not 100% in fault then it is advisable to de-solder 1 leg and test, thus isolating it from other components. Your readings definitely gave it as dead, whereas mine were not 100%,this affected another diode readings close by (D6). 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, bob12241 said:

Nice album Curses-upon- Beko, Only one thing I feel I should point out and that is when testing a diode in circuit you can get confusing readings, if readings are not 100% in fault then it is advisable to de-solder 1 leg and test, thus isolating it from other components. Your readings definitely gave it as dead, whereas mine were not 100%,this affected another diode readings close by (D6). 

Thanks for the tip/heads-up Bob12241. I've amended the Imgur post to include the points you raised. 😚

• Like 1

Thanks again Bob. This is by far the most successful topic ever on Washerhelp

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• 1 month later...

Let me add my thanks to Bob12241 and JonboyUK - my 26-month-old Beko just went the same way. Fortunately I had a multimeter to check, and managed to make the repair.

Thanks also to those who reported success esp those who (like me) had never tried soldering before, for giving me the confidence to try. 

Saved me a lot of money, and probably time (a quick Amazon Prime order for diodes and soldering kit meant it was fixed within 36 hours).

• 3 weeks later...

Chalk another success down to Bob!

And genuinely, if I can do it then anyone can - I am the biggest electricity avoider, I barely can bring myself to touch something electrical even if it's unplugged and I'm holding the plug in my hand.  3 year old Beko Washer/Dryer stopped working, I googled what the problem was and came across this thread which listed the exact fault.  I bought a USB soldering iron as advised on here, I bought the diodes (although ordered 5A by mistake, so had to re-order 2A) - I had the same issues getting the black box out as many on here had - every time I had to force something I thought something might blow up.  I looked at a couple of 'how to desolder/solder' youtubes then desoldered and resoldered - and as I am such an idiot when it comes to things like this I fully expected that I wouldnt have done something properly, but when I put everything back together and the lights and power came on there was a fist pump and a celebration as though a world cup winning goal had been scored.  Now the house has settled down, the washer is merrily on its 2nd load since success, everything is back to normal and I'm basking in the glow of a new found respect for me from my wife and kids.  Sincere thanks to Bob and all on here.   

Edited by Watski
spelling error
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yet another one. 2 years and 4 months old, D7 short circuit. I was an analogue circuit designer a few years ago and there is no way I could design a circuit to kill a diode just after 2 years of use. Congratulations to Beco for superb built in obsolescence. Has anyone tried to speak to Beco?

20 hours ago, Boost951 said:

Yet another one. 2 years and 4 months old, D7 short circuit. I was an analogue circuit designer a few years ago and there is no way I could design a circuit to kill a diode just after 2 years of use. Congratulations to Beco for superb built in obsolescence. Has anyone tried to speak to Beco?

Something went wrong when replying to this as it appears I have replied to an earlier post with this comment (morosanu22 dated 17/12/2019) I have reposted below.

Yep, I did, see in previous post. They actually congratulated me on finding a quick and economical fix. Nice to see still fixing machines, but the solution is a better design.

On 26/02/2021 at 10:44, bob12241 said:

Something went wrong when replying to this as it appears I have replied to an earlier post with this comment (morosanu22 dated 17/12/2019) I have reposted below.

Yep, I did, see in previous post. They actually congratulated me on finding a quick and economical fix. Nice to see still fixing machines, but the solution is a better design.

Hi Bob,

My Beko suddenly wouldn't turn on the other day. I was quite surprised as it had literally worked perfectly every day for 2.5 years. 

I rang Boots where we got it from. They wanted £180 to send an engineer out of which they would pay £30. Then if they engineer couldn't fix it they would refund me a deprecated amount for the total value of the machine because it broke before 6 years. Crazy how they know it shouldn't break but won't give you a 6 years warranty. 

Anyway, long storey short. I wasn't happy so googled around a bit and came across this thread. £1.80 on ebay later and a couple of day I had the diode in my hand. Fitted it as you described in about 10 mins and hey presto, machine is working perfectly again. I can't thank you enough. You really are amazing. You've saved so many people so much money. Please can I buy you a beer or a coffee or something. If you give me your paypal I send you a tip!  DM it if you're nervous about putting it on a public forum.  

19 hours ago, chimpsinties said:

Hi Bob,

My Beko suddenly wouldn't turn on the other day. I was quite surprised as it had literally worked perfectly every day for 2.5 years. 

I rang Boots where we got it from. They wanted £180 to send an engineer out of which they would pay £30. Then if they engineer couldn't fix it they would refund me a deprecated amount for the total value of the machine because it broke before 6 years. Crazy how they know it shouldn't break but won't give you a 6 years warranty. 

Anyway, long storey short. I wasn't happy so googled around a bit and came across this thread. £1.80 on ebay later and a couple of day I had the diode in my hand. Fitted it as you described in about 10 mins and hey presto, machine is working perfectly again. I can't thank you enough. You really are amazing. You've saved so many people so much money. Please can I buy you a beer or a coffee or something. If you give me your paypal I send you a tip!  DM it if you're nervous about putting it on a public forum.  

Thanks for the thought much appreciated, please give to NHS or maybe help  someone who really needs it. Thanks all the same, just glad it helped

Best Regards Bob12241

• Like 1
On 01/03/2021 at 10:36, bob12241 said:

Thanks for the thought much appreciated, please give to NHS or maybe help  someone who really needs it. Thanks all the same, just glad it helped

Best Regards Bob12241

Someone round here was collecting for Dementia UK so I hope that's a good enough one for you. I bunged them a tenner. Again, thanks Bob

• Like 1
15 hours ago, chimpsinties said:

Someone round here was collecting for Dementia UK so I hope that's a good enough one for you. I bunged them a tenner. Again, thanks Bob

Yep, worthy cause, nice of you to do that.

• Like 1

Dead Beko WDIX7523000 which is just over two years old. Called Beko who arranged a repair via Domestic and General but after a visit by an engineer who diagnosed it as a failed circuit board we then recieved a letter saying it couldn't be repaired as it was over the value allowed with the fixed price of the care package, this was then canceled so no charge. Not to be defeated I got the multi meter out after finding this site and sure enough it was the same board and diode D7 had failed. Very simple repair and the machine is now running fine. Poorly designed circuit.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, SWM6644 said:

we then recieved a letter saying it couldn't be repaired

This sort of thing needs to stop. There are new regulations come into place where manufacturers have to make their products repairable and although clearly this is repairable they are denying it.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

22 hours ago, Whitegoodshelp (Andy) said:

This sort of thing needs to stop. There are new regulations come into place where manufacturers have to make their products repairable and although clearly this is repairable they are denying it.

Yes I totally agree, I am not sure whether the new rules cover bad design or design made to fail early (because this is what this problem seems). I have seen it mentioned that the ruling will make spares available for a longer period. This is just the tip of an iceberg though, as most people won't have seen this post or have cover that reduces the repair costs, there are also a lot of people who are unable to carry out the repair because they are wary, incapable or lack the equipment to diagnose. The problem is who do we inform? As SWM6644 said this is a poorly designed circuit, OR IS IT?

14 minutes ago, bob12241 said:

I have seen it mentioned that the ruling will make spares available for a longer period

Hi Bob, sadly I don't see much changing. Manufacturers will just make spares available at ludicrous prices that no one in their right mind would pay. They already do it for PCBs, Drums, Motors etc

44 minutes ago, Whitegoodshelp (Andy) said:

Hi Bob, sadly I don't see much changing. Manufacturers will just make spares available at ludicrous prices that no one in their right mind would pay. They already do it for PCBs, Drums, Motors etc

Just been reading an article on "planned and programmed premature failure". It mentions Apple (amongst others) being fined for this practice, This led to a €25 million fine in March 2020 from French regulators. Sadly we are too soft in this country. As you say we have become a throw away society, and if you really want to repair it then it will cost a silly amount.

should you wish to see the article it makes interesting reading to someone like me who's bored out of his head and got nothing better to do.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm5801/cmselect/cmenvaud/220/22007.htm

• Like 1

Beko ProSmartInverter WD7543121W.  Has been working great and suddenly during a wash cycle went dead as a Dodo.  No power, wall socket fine and fuse fine.  I have been reading this forum and bought all the items I need to fix it, but how do you get the black cover/box off the bottom right inside the machine?  I see some clips holding it in place,but they are quite hard to move, I feel they will snap with pressure.  I would be so grateful for any help with the removal of this black box or cover.

On 20/03/2021 at 10:21, Lyd17 said:

Beko ProSmartInverter WD7543121W.  Has been working great and suddenly during a wash cycle went dead as a Dodo.  No power, wall socket fine and fuse fine.  I have been reading this forum and bought all the items I need to fix it, but how do you get the black cover/box off the bottom right inside the machine?  I see some clips holding it in place,but they are quite hard to move, I feel they will snap with pressure.  I would be so grateful for any help with the removal of this black box or cover.

Hi, if I remember correctly, there are screws on the outside that have to be removed, directly behind the clips. Also it may have the wiring harness cable tied, cut these.

Regards Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 22/03/2021 at 11:23, bob12241 said:

Hi, if I remember correctly, there are screws on the outside that have to be removed, directly behind the clips. Also it may have the wiring harness cable tied, cut these.

Regards Rob

Thanks so much bob12241.  With a little patience and lots of knowledge from yourself and others on this board, I fixed it with the new diode (D7).  You are a star!!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Bob,

I found this forum from a Google Search.

I've had the same problem on my Beko which is about 2 years old. 

one day later on Easter monday and replaced the same D7 Diode...with a 3 Amp 100V version Diode..

and all working..

thank you Bob for this Forum and all contributors.

i'll be writing to Beko. 

I'll donate some money to charity in recognition of the money saved.. 

all the best 

Sean

• Like 1

My Washer Dryer Beko model WDR7543121W didn't make the 2 year old mark, that's next month. Somewhat dismayed I searched online and came across this site. I read through a lot of the posts and decided to have a go. I ordered 3 of the diodes at £1.80 each, a USB soldering iron and a power bank at a total of £32 but of course I still have the soldering iron, the Power Bank, which has since charged my smart phone, and 2 spare diodes. I am hoping my 2 extra diodes are total waste of money. Beko should be totally ashamed their record on this matter surely they have records of purchasers of these machines. They should be swapping out the boards, won't be buying any more Beko products. I'd like to thank Bob for his instructions on how to fix this.  As Bob has said he doesn't want anything for his help so I shall be donating to Crisis in appreciation

Thanks again Bob

Terry    

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Huge thanks to Bob for this. My Lamona (Howdens kitchens) integrated washer dryer failed at the weekend at bang on two years old, during a changeover for guests at my holiday let. I was searching Currys in desperation for a new machine before the next guests came in this week, but a lucky Google for Beko machines brought me to this thread when I realised it was the same machine as mine. 

Diode out, tested as dead, new one in today. Machine is alive again! Saved me hundreds of pounds and having to disappoint guests while a new one was fitted. 

Edited by Andeh
Added detail
  • Like 1