Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Steve Turner

BEKO WDX8543130W no lights on

My washer dryer has stopped working completely – no lights on the front panel, no switches work. I called my local appliance repairer who assessed the situation as one of the three circuit boards was not working. However he felt unable to proceed with the repair without knowing which of the circuit boards had failed, and what had caused the failure. On that basis he felt the cost of repair would be more than the machine is worth. The machine is only just two years old – plugs, sockets, fuses etc all fine.

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Did he appear to check the washing machine thoroughly? Or did he just say that without delving much inside? It just sounds a bit vague saying it could be one of 3 pcbs. If it is a pcb I'd suspect the main board but a completely dead washing machine can have many causes and needs checking properly with a test meter Washing Machine Won’t Start

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Hi, probably too late now but our washing machine, same make and model did the exact same thing. I am a qualified electrician and spent some time working out the wiring as Beko won't give the diagrams to you. I found that the circuit board on the left hand side (when viewed from the rear) is the motor speed controller (inverter), this was ok as the fault was not related. The front PCB had no lights on, but if you looked carefully I occasionally noticed that the Blue selector switch Led's were lit but very dull. The circuit board at the rear RH side is the main power supply and distribution/controller board. I found I had 240v at the input to the board but couldn't find any voltages elsewhere. I took it out and did some tests, I found a diode had blown, after replacing this with an uprated diode everything was working. Total cost £2.05 with express delivery included. I have pics of the boards and location of the diode if required.

Regards Rob

EDIT   Picture of mainboard attached. Diode that had blown was D7 located just above and to the left of the transformer in at least 2 cases. Board is located at the rear on the bottom right hand side when viewed from the rear. Diode rated at 100v 1A, changed for 100v 2A, I chose a STPS2h100 as its size was the same.

MAINBOARD3.jpg

• Like 1

On 08/03/2019 at 13:29, bob12241 said:

Hi, probably too late now but our washing machine, same make and model did the exact same thing. I am a qualified electrician and spent some time working out the wiring as Beko won't give the diagrams to you. I found that the circuit board on the left hand side (when viewed from the rear) is the motor speed controller (inverter), this was ok as the fault was not related. The front PCB had no lights on, but if you looked carefully I occasionally noticed that the Blue selector switch Led's were lit but very dull. The circuit board at the rear RH side is the main power supply and distribution/controller board. I found I had 240v at the input to the board but couldn't find any voltages elsewhere. I took it out and did some tests, I found a diode had blown, after replacing this with an uprated diode everything was working. Total cost £2.05 with express delivery included. I have pics of the boards and location of the diode if required.

Regards Rob

Hi Rob,

Could you please send me the pics to s4stevie@hotmail.com 

Cheers. 

On 08/03/2019 at 13:29, bob12241 said:

Regards Rob

Hi, we have this issue with that model of washer/dryer. Do you know which diode this is/do you have a picture?  Our washing machine stopped working mid wash and didn't drain. All the plugs, fuses, pipes and filters are fine, but the machine won't turn on. Thinking it's a PCB issue but of you found a diode that isn't working, ours could be the same too. My husband is an electrician so can probably check the diodes. You can email me on lydia.yip@live.co.uk. thanks 

Thanks for offers of help. It would be nice to have any photos on here though so they may help others as well.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.