John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, probably too late now but our washing machine, same make and model did the exact same thing. I am a qualified electrician and spent some time working out the wiring as Beko won't give the diagrams

Bob. You beauty. Another rescued machine, so therefore confirmation that it fixes this issue on the Beko WDIR7543101 integrated washer/dryer. I took the liberty of taking a series of photographs,

Hi there, just came to say that Rob's post above turned out to be exactly what was wrong with mine as well! My washer was only 2 years old and suddenly stopped turning on one day. First I thought it w

Posted Images

What a FANTASTIC thread. 

I'm assuming my washer drier has the same issue and I'm taking it apart as I post.

I get very cynical about stuff like this. Do diodes usually blow or could it be a case of Beko usings cheap/crap ones on purpose to get people to sign up to their monthly insurance plans? 

• Like 1

Hi everyone, just to comment that with all your help I've got my Beko WDR75431215 back up and running! :) Our machine is only about 2 years old so was pretty dismayed when it wouldn't turn on. 

I haven't done any electrics before other than gcse physics 15 years ago - at the time I couldn't have been less interested in circuit boards. Was pretty daunting resoldering the diode so I'm absolutely buzzing to report it worked! Cheers Bob and others 

• Thanks 1

Hi you don't need the fluke tester as it not suited (if memory serves)n but the multimeter should do the trick. If it has a diode symbol  on it (looks like a triangle with a bar across the top and tails both ends), there are loads of videos on the web that cover it in great detail and it is a simple process. You cannot test it 100% whilst in circuit, you need to desolder 1 leg and lift it clear  to test as other components have an affect on your readings. Just Google "Diode Testing"

Regards Rob

• Like 1

Hi All,

I would really like to extend thanks to bob12241 - and other contributors on this thread.

We have a BEKO WDX8543130W purchased August 2018 which stopped working over a week ago mid-September, with the lights off on the main pannel failure and hearing the very slight (mouse type) beep coming from the machine. After googling and finding this thread/forum for which I am eternally greatful, we set out to fix it.

Therefore, for a 45p Schottky Rectifier (100V 2A DO-204AL) and a £12 Solder kit from Amazon, we fixed the machine within 45 minutes based upon comments and very very appreciated uploaded photos to this thread, and the problem was indeed to the D7 rectifier/diode on the Main Control Unit.

When I initially called BEKO, they wanted to send out an Engineer as out of warranty for around £160. A local domestic appliance engineer I call said he would not come round because it is a known issue with machine and I would not get a PCB for 2 months (so to order one myself at cost of about £70 then call him).

I really think that BEKO should be ashammed of themselves for using subservent parts on construction that will make the machine fail after just two years a of use. I would email them directly if I thought it would have have any use.

So - Bob I'd like to buy you a drink or send money to a charity of your choice if you would like to PM me your preference. 

Thanks a lot to everyone - saved a hell of a lot of money.

Edited by bradaw42
  • Like 1

Again many thanks to bob12241!

I had this same issue with my Beko 3 years old WDR7543121B with the mother board number G09, the machine didn't turned / power on and after testing D7 that was where the problem was! 

Saved me quite a few £££'s

• Thanks 1

Just signed up to say a massive thank you to @bob12241, replacing the D7 diode on the main controller of my 16 month old Beko WDR8543121W washer drier solved the issue of my machine not turning on too. Followed the advice of others by buying an up-rated STPS2H100 Schottky Rectifying 100V 2A diode, so total repair cost was just £2.10! Interestingly I was getting strange / unexpected readings from other diodes so wasn't sure if they were bust too, but I think as someone on the thread point out, you won't necessarily get accurate readings when testing diodes soldered onto a board (need to de-solder a leg for an accurate test?) and sure enough, the other diodes were fine, it was just the D7 diode which needed replacing.

So glad I came across this thread and amazing to see it's still going strong, helping others with the same problem a few years on! Thank you @bob12241!

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 08/03/2019 at 13:29, bob12241 said:

Hi, probably too late now but our washing machine, same make and model did the exact same thing. I am a qualified electrician and spent some time working out the wiring as Beko won't give the diagrams to you. I found that the circuit board on the left hand side (when viewed from the rear) is the motor speed controller (inverter), this was ok as the fault was not related. The front PCB had no lights on, but if you looked carefully I occasionally noticed that the Blue selector switch Led's were lit but very dull. The circuit board at the rear RH side is the main power supply and distribution/controller board. I found I had 240v at the input to the board but couldn't find any voltages elsewhere. I took it out and did some tests, I found a diode had blown, after replacing this with an uprated diode everything was working. Total cost £2.05 with express delivery included. I have pics of the boards and location of the diode if required.

Regards Rob

Other models affected include WDW85140, WDIR7543101, and Blomberg BWD384W0

EDIT   Picture of mainboard attached. Diode that had blown was D7 located just above and to the left of the transformer in at least 2 cases. Board is located at the rear on the bottom right hand side when viewed from the rear. Diode rated at 100v 1A, changed for 100v 2A, I chose a STPS2h100 as its size was the same.

MAINBOARD3.jpg

Hi.

Brilliant information thank you so much.  Exactly the same thing happened to me.  I replaced the diode and it washes perfectly but when I put it on to dry it will keep switching off for a couple of seconds then back on for a couple of seconds. It sounds like something is switching in and all the power vanishes then a few seconds later there's a beep and the power is back..any ideas?

Any help is appreciated. 

Cheers Antony 

Thank you everyone who posted about this. I have followed the thread, took the advice and bought the diodes on Amazon for £3.35 delivered. Fitted it and hey presto, we can wash our clothes again. I've added some pictures too.20201022_203938.thumb.jpg.610f376a6200ff89f743b3f18bd595ec.jpg20201022_203928.thumb.jpg.aa9b8d76ee25d0666a4fb094443545ba.jpg

20201022_201207.jpg

20201019_144118.jpg

20201019_144112.jpg

20201019_135806.jpg

Edited by Middy
Too many pictures the same, sorry.

Hi Antony, sounds like your heater filters might be blocked or the fan, as it is maybe overheating due to lack of airflow. When this happens the thermal cutout activates  to prevent overheating and potentially a fire. The heaters are normally on the rear of the drum, you will need to check the drying ventilation system through.

Regards Rob

• Like 1

Hello all, I've had the exact same problem as you all and was considering trying this repair myself. But randomly my wife tried the power to see if the machine decided fix itself and it had..... Well it lasted for three washes before it completely stopped working and began randomly cycling itself between the temperatures by itself with an increasingly annoying beep and no buttons or twisting the control nob does anything. I've got a beko wdr7543121B

im  unsure what to try as obviously I was just about to try the diode change but now I'm unsure what the issue is as the machine does power up again but just doesn't behave itself or be usable! 

Edited by Ajwicks

Another registration just to thank bob12241.

Our Beko WDIY854310F failed to power on as of Sunday evening - mysteriously a mere 5 days after the 2 year warranty expired. Sounds like a lot of people have experienced this incredible coincidence!

As in Bob’s post, D7 on the distribution PCB had failed short when tested out of circuit. Very easy 50p repair.

Very happy to help anybody locally with a similar problem - we are between Portsmouth & Southampton.

Many thanks, Bob.

• Thanks 1

So I posted back in August about my machine dying just as I'd welcomed new twins into my home. Anyway, I undertook the repair documented on the forum successfully and forgot about the fact I had a warranty ticket open to actually get the machine fixed by Beko as it wasn't even 12 months old. I was told it'd be a couple of weeks at most, despite my pleading about the newly urgent requirement for a working washing machine and not easily being able to get out of the house to a laundrette any more!

Anyway, I forgot all about it.. so imagine my surprise to receive a phone call about two weeks ago saying that good news, the parts were available to fix my washing machine now and could they send an engineer out. I did remain polite but told them to, essentially, get lost. So it took TWO MONTHS to get a repair arranged? Needless to say, I'll never buy a Beko washing machine again once this one dies again - what an utter shambles of a company. 

Hi Ajwicks, I have had a quick look on Beko website and the only info I can give is on page 64 section 7 items 1&2. This does mention a problem where a power failure might cause the machine to go into self protection mode and the solution they offer is to press and hold the on/off button for 3 seconds. If that fails it could be either of the 2 main boards, not gonna be cheap. Check all connections in case one has worked loose. Link to manual below 

https://bekoplc.blob.core.windows.net/bekoupload/manuals/WDR7543121.pdf

Regards Rob

• Thanks 1

Absolutely made up! Single mum of 2 children and currently doing an apprenticeship, so as you can imagine  I was devastated when the washer wouldn’t turn on. I got advice and was told the PCB board would need replacing. i came across this thread, ordered the part, and today followed the steps and within 50 minutes it is back on and working! 
I can’t thank @bob12241 enough! You are a legend! Xxx 

Edited by MarieT85
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank bob12241, as the same thing happened to me on my Beko. Almost 4 years ago, but it was the same diode. Followed the instructions in these post from Bob and all the others, and it is back to working. Many thanks to Bob and everyone.

Eddie from Liverpool.

• Like 1

Thank you bob 12241! Another Beko washer dryer saved WDR7543121.

Second time this has happened. First time the board was changed under warranty and when it happened again this week I changed the D7 diode (STPS2H100) and the lights are back on and working as expected. 

many thanks

• Like 1