John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

BEKO WDX8543130W no lights on

Steve Turner

• Root Admin

Thanks Bob. I was hoping someone had a full price as in including labour. I’ll look up the current price of the part but I expect for Beko to repair it would be not far off £200. 

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Members
3 hours ago, Whitegoodshelp (Andy) said:

Thanks Bob. I was hoping someone had a full price as in including labour. I’ll look up the current price of the part but I expect for Beko to repair it would be not far off £200. 

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure I saw the whole board on the Beko spare site (at least for my washing machine) and it was something like £79. It there were two options, one showed the board itself inside the casing (but the board/casing looked different to my machine...and all of the pictures in this thread yet its called "Main board PCB" so bit odd. The second option showed the black casing for the PCB which matches mine and all the pictuers here but it didn't show the inside of the case but it must also include the main board as £79 just for plastic case seems a bit extreme? hehe.

I guess you then have to add manual labour costs which would probably be equal to the part price to be honest. I mean, I didn't enquire about an engineer coming out but from past experience with these sorta things, the labour usually is pretty high... so probably looking at close to 150-200 for total job completion I would say which is why I am so glad I found this thread. I did have to buy some tools but the tools will last me a life time and so really the cost is about £3-4 for the DIODES and 1-2hours of my time. 

• Thanks 1

• Members
3 hours ago, bob12241 said:

Hope all ok now John2005. Andy last time I priced this it was about £75 +p&p. That was 2 years ago now.

Thanks :) I ran a wash cycle and can confirm all is well! thanks to you :) 

• Like 1

• Members

Hi Andy, bradaw42 posted 12 months ago "When I initially called BEKO, they wanted to send out an Engineer as out of warranty for around £160." I imagine that is just labour, but I also remember someone else quoting the charge but can't remember his name, seem to thing it was his second time and he did the fix himself on the second occasion.

Incidentally a seller on ebay "letstalkretro " is selling the fix complete with the "New Uprated" diode for £4.99, cheeky sod.😏

• Like 1

• Members

Hi john205 I have since found the board priced between £60 & £65 +P&P depending on the model, the boards all look the same BUT you must use the correct board for your machine.

• Members

Hi everyone. My username is being used by someone in India, that is NOT me. He goes by @bob12241 and not bob12241. Please do not mix me up.😣

• Members
2 hours ago, bob12241 said:

Hi john205 I have since found the board priced between £60 & £65 +P&P depending on the model, the boards all look the same BUT you must use the correct board for your machine.

Ahh I see, yeah I'm not entirely certain but I think my board is the G10 version 

• Members

Hi, I have the same problem on my Beko. But it's Beko WDW85143 and my board is the G09 version. I tested all the diode. For me, D7 and D6 are burned out. Could someone give me a reference for ordering D6 and D7?

Thank's

Tocques.

• Members
1 hour ago, tocques said:

Hi, I have the same problem on my Beko. But it's Beko WDW85143 and my board is the G09 version. I tested all the diode. For me, D7 and D6 are burned out. Could someone give me a reference for ordering D6 and D7?

Thank's

Tocques.

Hi tocques, your D6 might not be blown, you must test D7 out of circuit, as said previously, a number of times, testing whilst connected can give false readings. The diode (D7) that most people are using is "stps2h100". The spec is 2A 100v schottky diode, any other diode with that spec and in the same package should do. If indeed D6 has blown, you might need to lift the diode to get a number off it, then check online to find a supplier.

Rob

• Like 1

• Root Admin
Just now, bob12241 said:

Hi everyone, someone else using my username, I live in Manchester, not India, and not London. I do not use weed either.

Rob 😣

Hi Rob. Presumably not on this forum though?

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Members
Just now, Whitegoodshelp (Andy) said:

Hi Rob. Presumably not on this forum though?

No, not on this forum, someone alerted me to it as I use the same username on other sites as well. The individuals using it are using @bob12241, slight difference but could easily be linked to me. Frustrating as I can't do anything about it and there doesn't appear to be any logical reasoning behind it. My username is made up from a mix of Bob being short for Robert, and my Kelloggs employee ID, from years back. I have used this for over 20 years now.

Rob

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Once more, a big thank you to Bob12241 and jonboyuk. Beko WDR7543121S D7 replaced on Saturday, machine up and running again. Thank you so much. Keep up the excellent work!

• Like 1

• Members

Just another post singing the praises of bob12241 :D

Mine is a WDR7543121B - same symptoms; no lights on, completely unresponsive, but a faint, semi-regular beep.

I'm not an electrician - I didn't test anything, I simply bought the recommended  STPS2h100 diode (ebay) and replaced the one at D7. I say 'simply'... yeah... well if soldering wasn't such a mysterious black art to me then this would have been a quick and easy fix! Still, only took me a couple of hours all in. And it works! Washer fixed for less than £2. I'm very happy :D

Thanks Rob!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 04/12/2018 at 01:14, Steve Turner said:

My washer dryer has stopped working completely – no lights on the front panel, no switches work. I called my local appliance repairer who assessed the situation as one of the three circuit boards was not working. However he felt unable to proceed with the repair without knowing which of the circuit boards had failed, and what had caused the failure. On that basis he felt the cost of repair would be more than the machine is worth. The machine is only just two years old – plugs, sockets, fuses etc all fine.

Are you able to hear any voice coming out of the machine when you give it power. First of all i would check the capacitor which is located at the back of the mashine next to the power cable. You should check if it receives 230v and sends next 230v. Those 2 wires coming out of the capacitor which are sending 230v on the main board, find them on the board and check if main board is receiving 230v. Main board is on the right side when you’re watching the machine from back. Board with the black case. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Had to create an account just to say a big thank you for this thread.

Beko WDX8543130B suddenly would not turn on, no noises or lights but followed the instructions and replaced the diode and back up and running the next day! I bought a 100v 5A diode from amazon, it is slightly bigger than the 1A but fits OK. Shout if that's a big no no.

Surprisingly straight forward considering I'm a complete novice (I had to find out how to remove the caps on the multimeter). Hardest part was taking out the board from the case, I didn't end up unplugging it as I got stuck on a few of them and was worried about using too much force. It did mean soldering on the floor so my back and legs were aching after.

Bob and co, thank you so much.

• Like 1

• Members

Hi bob12241. You are star. I have read your post 2 years ago and fixed my machine to replace d7. I wanna thank you for that. 
but unfortunately it is broken down again, no power. I have checked and replaced D7 diode and tested D6. They all are good. I have also tested 13amp fuse. There is power going into the board.  But no light and nothing happening. Please let me know if i need to check anything alse. 
thanks for your help. 

Edited by Sohan
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Another happy customer! Followed the various instructions on this thread, and the replacement D7 diode seems to have solved the problem. Thank you to all the advice on this thread, and particularly to Bob 12241who highlighted the issue and came up with the resolution.

I don't think I will be buying a BEKO product again. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • Members

So I just signed up to echo the numerous posts covered in the last 8 pages and feel free to skip but heres my story and thanks...

Firstly I want to say thank you to @bob12241for the fix and sharing the results of his hard work. My second and equally profound thanks to @jonboyukfor making it almost (Ill get to that) idiot proof and so easy to follow with the numbered instructions and photos. To both I would be happy to bounce something to pay for a drink or contribute to any registered charity in view of the fact you have saved me a minimum of circa £140 vs machine bought for £382!

Now for the story - 

My following machine - Beko WDIY854310F White Built-in Condenser Washer dryer, 8kg/5kg bought in Sept 2019 literally went dead a fortnight ago. No display no sound no nothing. Usual basic checks of socket/fuse all working fine.

Engineers scouted and cheapest local call out was £66 thats not factoring any parts additional works etc hence my estimate above. There was suggestion it could be a mains filter (from one engineer) and then need of a new board (from another) - fair shouts given they had not come by. So I tried scouring the net and and diy posts and bless the admin of this site and google for directing me here...

After reading all 8 pages of posts it sounded like I was not alone, so I figured why not have ago given I had most of the bits. I ordered the suggested diode (which seems in short supply) of an auction site (£2.40)!

So armed with all I needed and a bank holiday courtesy of the Jubilee, I set to it. The biggest issues I had were getting the board/casing out, theres a slight bit of careful manipulation required. And then desoldering the diode (still not sure why maybe my soldering iron tip/temp maybe just me having an off day). Tested the D7 (after removed) and dead! New (prechecked) on and continuity tests looked good (I am very basic/amateur).

Fingers crossed and all repackaged and positioned and moment of truth... wait nothing ... really what **** now what... recheck the basics and a big phew... the plug was not fully engaged in the socket. D'oh (almost idiot proof)... ok lets try again.... and BINGO!!

So for the want of a £2.40 diode (I know it can be found a lot cheaper) Beko nearly made me fork out hundreds! Add to it the new board will also have the inferior component likely to repeat the issues in another couple of years! Apologies for the long post but sooo happy I just had to share and pass on my thanks :)

And if BEKO stumble across this (here is another customer lost) - shame on you for not fixing this inherent fault due to a substandard component which I am considering sending back with a cover letter!

20220603_220313.jpg

20220603_182123.jpg

20220603_151242.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Members
8 hours ago, ThanksToBob said:

So I just signed up to echo the numerous posts covered in the last 8 pages and feel free to skip but heres my story and thanks...

Firstly I want to say thank you to @bob12241for the fix and sharing the results of his hard work. My second and equally profound thanks to @jonboyukfor making it almost (Ill get to that) idiot proof and so easy to follow with the numbered instructions and photos. To both I would be happy to bounce something to pay for a drink or contribute to any registered charity in view of the fact you have saved me a minimum of circa £140 vs machine bought for £382! 

Pleasure! I think you can now confidently remove the 2 year warranty sticker from the door 😁

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Well I’m yet another person who has used this fix successfully after a bit of Google research to find the forum. My machine wouldn’t switch on after we came back from a holiday.

It’s a washer dryer model WDR854P14N1W, bought in June 2018, 4 years ago, about the same time as many of the other fixers on this forum. We only use the machine twice a week, so that might be consistent usage with those who got breakdowns after 2-3 years.

I’ve joined the forum so I can thank y’all. Like others, I’d like to thank @bob12241for identifying and publishing the fix and @jonboyuk for the additional guidance on implementing the fix. I haven’t used a soldering iron for 30 years for craft work, and never done an electrical repair like this, but your guidance was absolutely brilliant and made it pretty easy. Thanks too to Andy for overseeing this forum that allows us to see a fix.

In addition, I’m absolutely amazed that so many amateurs like me have been given the confidence by this guidance on the forum to do this apparently complex fix, and given confidence in turn to others like me by seeing their success.

I’ve seen others quite rightly have a go at Beko in frustration about this rather common design flaw, with Bob writing to Beko too only to get a patronising ‘well done’ response. With the new culture of making things repairable to help protect the environment, I may share this forum with the Consumer Association (Which? Publishers) and ask them if they’d approach Beko to raise this issue, as in my view it means the machines are actually not ‘fit for purpose’ and Beko therefore could be in breach of trading standards having failed to respond to such a common fault. 

Thanks again Bob, Jonboy and Andy.

• Thanks 1