Appliance Offers

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Thank you very much Bob for your advice. My washer dryer is doing the same thing and upon removing the board, D7 is faulty. Top man, just waiting for the replacement. Cheers

• Like 1

Hello, i had the same problem with my washing machine , i replaced d7 , now is turning on but is not working properly! Wen i start a program it works a few second then is stopping( not turning off)  then again and again. Goes something like shaken. Anyone know what could be? Thanks!

The first thing I would do is carefully check all of the connections anywhere where you've disturbed to do the repair.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

In reply to morosanu22's post. I would check the following

1) Obvious maybe but is the water turned on?
2) the diode you replaced is it the correct polarity? eg:- the silver band MUST be same orientation.
3) As Andy said, are all the plugs in the correct sockets? the wiring loom hints at the positions, eg:- made to measure.
4) do all the lights stay on? if not maybe bad solder joint on diode

if all this is ok then put the machine through diagnostic test mode.
To do this there are various posts with different methods on the web relevant to different models (and one on this site which seems familiar)

https://www.washerhelp.co.uk/forums/topic/2127-beko-wmx86231w-diagnostic-tests/
different model but might work

Is there any noise coming from the machine when waiting?

if you are getting a low pitched hum then, does the drum turn at all whilst on, and can you turn the drum easily by hand ?

I am not a white goods engineer and can only offer an electrical engineers thoughts to the problem, hope this helps.

Regards Bob

• Thanks 1

Bob12241 you are a superstar!

Same failure with my machine at a mere 18 months old. Like yourself, I'm not intimidated by the words "No user serviceable parts inside" but upon examination I couldn't find any obvious scorch marks that would indicate a failed component. As I live on a boat where the power is kinda dirty I assumed that the IC had failed from one too many surges or brown outs or that I had been merely unlucky since nobody else seemed to have experienced the same failure. Currys wanted me to get an engineer in to certify the machine was broken before they'd send another one out to repair the machine - they said they'd pay for the engineer call out but the consequential loss of earnings from spending two days at home waiting for engineers was greater than the price I paid for the machine in the first place, not to mention the fuel for the 40 mile round trip to Mum's to do laundry while I waited for this glacial repair programme to execute. So I ordered a new brain from Beko and fitted it myself - problem solved until last week when it happened again! This time round your magical, actual fix was now on the interwebs. I ordered a new diode which I have just fitted and now my machine is happily gurgling away in the corner.

The saga will not end here. I shall be writing a stern letter to Beko demanding a refund for the board which evidently was just as defective as that originally installed in the machine. Another shall be going to Currys berating them for their ridiculous repair procedure and also informing them that this is now a known fault with this model of machine. I'll be demanding compensation for the time I've had to invest in fixing what should have been their responsibility - well if you don't ask you don't get.

All the best and Merry Christmas!

Driftpin.

• Like 2

Hi Driftpin

I have already sent an email to Beko UK over a month ago, suggesting they should get in touch with their board designers as they may have a design flaw, as I have had over 15 people with the same problem and are now happy from 1 posting. To date they haven't even acknowledged receipt, which goes to show they are after more money by spares and repairs. At least another happy reader :).

Regards Rob

Hi,

I have a 3 year old washer dryer Beko WDW85140, which suddenly stopped working, no LED light and no display just dead. I contacted the manufacturer Beko for goodwill and asked to send 3 boards. I am an electrician and electrical engineer, but I did not have the time or the desire to deal with the error as to which circuit board was defective.
Now Beko accepted my goodwill, but unfortunately today I only got the engine control module. When I was looking for board names on the Internet, I came across your site. Tonight I immediately got the diode from electronics dealer Conrad and soldered it in. Everything works again as if by magic. I wanted to thank @ bob12241 and all contributors :)
bye

• Like 1

Thanks bob12241. Second time ours went since buying it over three years ago. Took BEKO three weeks to source replacement PCB and make the repair. This time it was out of warranty so I feared the worst but your fix had us back up and running the next day.

• Like 1

Happy my post is still helping people, but cannot stress enough don't do it if you are not confident and always remove the power by unplugging, as this test can and must be performed without power. Maybe this posting will eventually leak back to BEKO.

To member "Beko", your name did confuse me slightly as I thought BEKO were thanking me (very unlikely).

bob12241

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 08/03/2019 at 13:29, bob12241 said:

Hi, probably too late now but our washing machine, same make and model did the exact same thing. I am a qualified electrician and spent some time working out the wiring as Beko won't give the diagrams to you. I found that the circuit board on the left hand side (when viewed from the rear) is the motor speed controller (inverter), this was ok as the fault was not related. The front PCB had no lights on, but if you looked carefully I occasionally noticed that the Blue selector switch Led's were lit but very dull. The circuit board at the rear RH side is the main power supply and distribution/controller board. I found I had 240v at the input to the board but couldn't find any voltages elsewhere. I took it out and did some tests, I found a diode had blown, after replacing this with an uprated diode everything was working. Total cost £2.05 with express delivery included. I have pics of the boards and location of the diode if required.

Regards Rob

EDIT   Picture of mainboard attached. Diode that had blown was D7 located just above and to the left of the transformer in at least 2 cases. Board is located at the rear on the bottom right hand side when viewed from the rear. Diode rated at 100v 1A, changed for 100v 2A, I chose a STPS2h100 as its size was the same.

... do I have to remove the whole of the rear of the machine to get to the PCB. I can see a black box and am assuming the PCB is contained within but cannot access very easily. Am I missing something ??

MAINBOARD3.jpg

Hi remove rear cover consisting of about 6 screws this opens most of the rear. The board is inside a black box on the right hand side near the bottom. You will have to jiggle it about to get it through the rear opening. If I remember it correctly I had to lower it down then thread under  pipes and stuff also had to cut a couple of cable ties that held the loom to the chassis. Hope that helps.

Regards Rob

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I got the same washing machine and exactly the same problem which is not even powering up.

Bought diode online and fixed it.

Really appreciate every one advises. We are saved and got a lot of washing to do.

Thx a lot

• Thanks 1

Thanks again to bob12241 for publishing this solution. Such a cheap and easy fix after being pointed in the right direction. Very grateful.

• Like 1

Thank you bob12241 , it Is very helpful your post , I had the same Issue with my BEKO WDX8543130W the lights wouldn’t turn on after only 18 months of use ,  after reading your post I decided to buy the diode from Amazon and ask my friend to change it for me , it turned out he couldn’t do it for another week , so I decided to give it a try , I read all your posts and changed the diode by myself, it worked , my wash machine is working normally, I am feeling like a Wonder Woman . I am still quite upset this happened cos Beko should be responsible for that , or even currys , they should know the machine is faulty for lots of people and refund or exchange it . Anyway , I am going back to currys with that matter . 
Just wanted to thank you Bob12241 , also thanks to Dave10810 for showing the exact place the diode is . 
very grateful. 

• Like 1

Looks like we've had a bit of a run on this problem, 7 since Christmas. I have emailed Beko again, not holding my breath though, watch this space. Still very happy it is helping though.

Regards Rob

• Like 2

would anyone be able to tell me the rating on the D6 diode just to the right of D7. Like a few others ,want to thank bob12241 for his post. Make that 8 .

Edited by simon
  • Like 1

Hi Simon

Can't tell you offhand what the rating is as you need the number to cross reference it, to do that you will have to desolder one leg and lift it up, then google the number. If you are getting iffy readings on D6 it might be because D7 is faulty and affecting the readings on D6 (as it did for me). You can only confirm a diode is definitely faulty by desoldering one leg and testing as the circuit can have adverse affects on the readings (eg:- the meter reads through other components when in circuit). You only get a good idea if it reads 0 ohms both ways when in circuit. I would suggest desoldering D7 and then check D6 as the readings were more in line with a good diode on D6.

Regards Rob

• Like 2

Hi All

I have just received a reply from Beko regarding the problem, their reply is as follows:-

Dear Mr ******,

Thank you for your Email.

I was sorry to  hear of this issue with your BEKO washer dryer and glad you were able to resolve it in such a cost effective way.

Your comments regarding the design of the circuit board have been passed to our technical department to feed back to the factory.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Kind Regards,

Kind Regards,

Customer Service advisor

My comments regarding the design focused on the failures and also there are no on board fuses, meaning the board could potentially burn up before blowing the main fuse.  During my working life all the PCB's I have worked with had close protection by on board fusing. Lets see if anything further materialises.

Regards Rob

• Thanks 1

Thanks Bob. Sadly washing machine pcbs seem very poorly designed. How can such a delicate piece of electronics not be protected by a fuse?

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

It's probable the boards are made in places like Spain, China, Taiwan or wherever, and maybe the standards authorities in this country do not examine them in detail until something like the Whirlpool dryers causing fires happens, after all most of these inspectors just read from a Hymn sheet. I came across a repair of a similar nature on an American appliance on YouTube and it immediately struck me that they did have on board fuses (at least on that model).  If they do, why not here?

Regards Rob

Aye but I would say the Chinese surely only make what they are asked to make, and to the standard the manufacturer is prepared to pay for, so the manufacture ultimately dictates how well all of their parts are made.

Exactly, but if the specification is lacking details eg- on board fuses, or military spec components, then that is what they design and make. So as you say, ultimately the machine manufacturers are to blame, and the manufacturers could be in Spain so it is made to their spec unless told otherwise, eg USA might say it doesn't conform it needs these changes before it goes on the market, and the changes are then included, of course it then costs a bit more and could they then be competitive  in the UK.

Most consumers have no idea how much their houses and even lives are being put at risk in the name of keeping the price down!

Our washing machine-a BEKO washer dryer WDA 914401W stopped working after 18 months. We called out a local repairer. He said about £200 and a couple of weeks wait for the part. I decided to have a look myself, I found this forum, but didn't think it was the same circuit (because there was another circuit board on top of it). It was only when I managed to remove the the circuit (by turning the machine on it's side and removing the circuit from the bottom of the washer) that I found out it was. I ordered the part (diode) couple of quid plus P&P, fitted it and put it all back in. I went back to the repairers showing them the website and giving them the spare diodes. While I was there, they opened up another circuit board they's ordered for a broken BEKO and lo and behold it was the same circuit. 

They thanked me (even though I have done them out of some business!), but said that they only replace circuit boards so they can guarantee the parts for 12 months.

I cannot thank this forum and Bob12241 enough for this very cheap fix. It now gives me a bit more confidence not to throw things away when they are broken, but try and have them fixed at the component level.

I just hope more people find this fix and save a whole load of money and BEKO washing machines live a lot longer.

• Thanks 1