John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

New Hisense washing machine sometimes bangs on spins

• Members
1 minute ago, Whitegoodshelp (Andy) said:

By the way. To rule out the feet or wheels tapping due to being on an uneven floor, does the noise stop when you put pressure on the top of the machine and hold it steady?

No it doesn't. There is a vibration from the wooden floor, since I'm upstairs in a flat. But that isn't the same noise and on the rare occasion that I had a wash without the banging it was just an expected vibration from the wooden floor, which is totally fine.

• Like 1

• Root Admin
47 minutes ago, Whitegoodshelp (Andy) said:

My impression is they are budget quality. 

Average quality might be more accurate. Probably similar in quality to all its price competitors. Sadly most washing machines are essentially the same quality. Very little difference. They all compete on price and features, very few deliberately make a better quality appliance. 

• Like 1

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Members

Update on this:

Had a couple engineers arrive today, moment they put it on spin and it sped up the noise could be heard.

They pulled the top and front off. All the parts look okay. However there was a few useless plastic clips, one of which was rubbling against the rubber seal so would have worn over time, and also one of the pipes was clipped to the side rather than around the drum.

They removed some of the useless clips, clipped the little pipe as it should be. And so far has been normal sounding.

They were both complaining about the build quality though so probably not the best.

They suspect what happened was on the first wash the drum movements pulled the pipe out of the clip, as it wasn't clipped to the drum, and so that pipe was likely then tapping against the case while it was spinning.

There was also some pressure thing that they said used to be screwed in but on this machine is clipped, badly, so they've zipped tied to tighten it up and stop it wobbling about too.

Thanks both again, but does look to have been a pipe or other part tapping. There was no visual wear of stuff rubbing and they were not seeing the drum hit the sides either.

Was interesting seeing inside the machine though 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Root Admin

Nice one. Thanks for the update. I said that it sounded like a clip holding cables or a hose tapping on the cabinet 😁

• Like 2

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Root Admin
On 20/04/2022 at 12:51, Whitegoodshelp (Andy) said:

Having had another listen I think Andy may be right, it sounds like something tapping on the inside of the cabinet. Something like the wiring harness or a metal clip etc

Andy called it too 😁

• Like 2

• Members

Glad they sorted it for you @terbe - hope you have many years of maintenance free washing now with it ☺️

• Like 2