John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Indesit IWDC65125 washing machine reset result.

Not a question, this is a result that I found that might help someone. I have the above washer dryer that wouldn't fill when a programme was started, the drum turned as if in a cycle. This would happen with any programme that I turned it onto. I was at my wits end and nearly was thinking of buying a new machine.

I then remembered somewhere about resetting the machine memory by pressing the 'Start/Pause' button continuously. I watched the LED light cycle through green then amber then back to green again.

When I started a programme again the water filled as normal.

I don't know if this works for other makes of machine.

So again:

1. With the washing machine on, press and hold the  'start/pause' button and watch the LED light cycle through green then amber then back to green again.

2. Start your programme as normal.

I hope this can be of use to someone, I'm not sure if this is the right place in this forum to put this, or if this has been posted on this forum before, apologies if this is so.

• Root Admin

Thanks for that. Normally if a washing machine has an error that causes it to malfunction you can't reset them because the error will just keep triggering the same malfunction. Once fixed, an error or malfunction should just disappear of its own accord.

I wonder if your washing machine somehow accidentally got switched into demo mode? There are sometimes certain combinations of keypresses that can switch the washing machine into a demo mode. I had one customer once who accidentally turned demo mode on by just leaning across the washing machine to reach something and accidentally pressing some buttons with her thigh.

In demo mode it will not fill with water, but the drum will be revolving backwards and forwards, it may occasionally even do a short spin. If you manage to reset the washing machine then it would return to normal so maybe that's what happened.

It's useful to have reset instructions for specific washing machines. Many thanks.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy appliance spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.