Jump to content
John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

 

Indesit Innex H2O warning


Recommended Posts

  • Members

Hello all. I have an Indesit Innex with an H2O warning. I have had them before but have always been able to clear it. I have cleaned all filters had top off cleaned everything. 

 

Water is coming in. After about ten minutes for the second amount of water the H20 comes on a small amount of water comes in then stops. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

Hi. H20 warning is usually no water available. Is the drum slowly losing water down the drain by any chance? I wouldn't expect any water would need to be added after just 10 minutes. 

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
19 minutes ago, Whitegoodshelp (Andy) said:

Hi. H20 warning is usually no water available. Is the drum slowly losing water down the drain by any chance? I wouldn't expect any water would need to be added after just 10 minutes. 

No. That's just how it works. But won't move past because of warning message.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

I've not heard of a washing machine adding extra water after 10 minutes. Unless it's on an extremely short wash cycle. They should normally fill with water to wash level then heat and wash until water gets to temperature, and then move onto rinses. 

What does it do if you put it on a rinse and spin only cycle?

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
29 minutes ago, Whitegoodshelp (Andy) said:

I've not heard of a washing machine adding extra water after 10 minutes. Unless it's on an extremely short wash cycle. They should normally fill with water to wash level then heat and wash until water gets to temperature, and then move onto rinses. 

What does it do if you put it on a rinse and spin only cycle?

I use a cold wash as I am on solar. It has always worked like that. It's the same on any cycle 😥 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

I'm struggling to come up with an explanation as to why it apparently fills up with water OK at first, which demonstrates that everything is working  OK, but then fail to fill up 10 minutes later (apart from it siphoning water that I initially mentioned). 

You could try adding water into the soap dispenser when it gives the error or just before to see if  it does anything. 

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 minutes ago, Whitegoodshelp (Andy) said:

I'm struggling to come up with an explanation as to why it apparently fills up with water OK at first, which demonstrates that everything is working  OK, but then fail to fill up 10 minutes later (apart from it siphoning water that I initially mentioned). 

You could try adding water into the soap dispenser when it gives the error or just before to see if  it does anything. 

Me too. Yes I have done that 😥 do you know how to reset the machine by chance? It's sooooo odd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

You shouldn't have to reset anything. If there's a fault it displays an error code, but when the fault is cleared it should work OK. 

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
12 minutes ago, Whitegoodshelp (Andy) said:

You shouldn't have to reset anything. If there's a fault it displays an error code, but when the fault is cleared it should work OK. 

😥

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

If there are two water valves it's possible that one works but the other doesn't. If by any chance a different valve is used for the second intake of water, and it is faulty that would explain it.

Alternatively, but on the same theme, if the second intake of water is actually the start of the rinses, and it's just an extremely short wash cycle, then the rinse valve could be faulty. 

Have you tried my suggestion of seeing what it does on a rinse and spin only cycle?

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

is this youtube video of any help?
https://youtu.be/rxumPA4arZc

I have had indesit's and Hotpoints that monitor the water level throughout the wash and add further water to the drum if needed , but if the water is syphoning out of the drain hose at the back (say if the drain hose does not go high enough into the standpipe behind the machine) then this syphoning can tell the pressure water level switch to add more water to the drum later on in the wash.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
11 hours ago, Whitegoodshelp (Andy) said:

If there are two water valves it's possible that one works but the other doesn't. If by any chance a different valve is used for the second intake of water, and it is faulty that would explain it.

Alternatively, but on the same theme, if the second intake of water is actually the start of the rinses, and it's just an extremely short wash cycle, then the rinse valve could be faulty. 

Have you tried my suggestion of seeing what it does on a rinse and spin only cycle?

Hi Thank you. Yes there are two valves and what you are saying makes sense. I did clean them and there was muck in them. Maybe I didn't clean them well enough. Water comes out of the left hand side of the soap box and not the right. I will take it out again tomorrow and soak in hot water? It is the same on the rinse spin cycle. Thank you, Sarah. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

It's possible that one valve has failed. If you have a continuity tester you can compare the resistance of them. If one is open circuit it needs replacing. 

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Yes I think that is the case. I have ordered a replacement. They look very dirty. Thank you so much for you help I appreciate it. Sarah. 🙃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

Thanks, and good luck. I wouldn't recommend ordering any spare parts unless you have shown it is definitely faulty - so fingers crossed. 

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
23 hours ago, Whitegoodshelp (Andy) said:

Thanks, and good luck. I wouldn't recommend ordering any spare parts unless you have shown it is definitely faulty - so fingers crossed. 

Hi Andy have bought this machine, have got it home everything is inside and I cannot open the door there is no handle. Obviously a child proof lock. Any ideas? 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈 It's an Indesit.

16593739340116637476977454879439.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin
20 hours ago, Chuzupop said:

I cannot open the door there is no handle.

I would assume you just pull on the door handle that's built into the door.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 01/08/2022 at 18:13, Chuzupop said:

Hi Andy have bought this machine, have got it home everything is inside and I cannot open the door there is no handle. Obviously a child proof lock. Any ideas? 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈 It's an Indesit.

 

@Chuzupop - try plugging it in and select 'pump out' - not spin and put the dial to no spin , hopefully it will pump out if there is any bit of water in the drum and then it will finish (might take just 2 minutes) and then you will hear the door click and then you will be able to open up the door also check when its plugged in, that the child lock is turned off. 
Other than that , some hotpoints and Indesit's have an emergency way to unlock the door from either taking the door kick off at the bottom of the machine , or getting to it from underneath the machine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Appliance Repairs

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Book Repair Now

Buy Your Spare Parts

Ransom Spares is a family company with over 1 million white goods appliance spare parts for sale. Next day delivery available, friendly company with over 5000 reviews on Trust Pilot

Price match promise: "If you find the exact same part or accessory elsewhere for cheaper, we’ll not only match it, we’ll beat it!" -

Buy your appliance spare part




  • Popular Contributors

    1. 1
      Whitegoodshelp (Andy)
      Whitegoodshelp (Andy)
      8
    2. 2
      andyr12345
      andyr12345
      4
    3. 3
      davidper
      davidper
      2
    4. 4
      Louise1305
      Louise1305
      2
    5. 5
      bob12241
      bob12241
      1
  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      3.2k
    • Total Posts
      13.5k
×
×
  • Create New...