John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Hoover HBWM 916TAGC-80 Touch Screen Issue

• Members

Hi

The touch screen on my Hoover is very unresponsive.

If I'm lucky I can change the temperature of the wash by pressing the screen 20 or 30 times. The spin speed is easier to change but sometimes takes a few presses.

I wonder if this is a known problem and is there a way to make it any  

easier to use?

Thanks

hoover.jpg

• Root Admin

Hello there. Is there anything in the options (bottom right of the screen)? I can only assume with there is no way to adjust sensitivity, which to be honest and be a little surprised at, then it may be a fault on the screen. One thing I would also do though, is to check the instruction book for instructions on how to clean the screen and just make sure it is nice and clean, just in case, though that I have to admit is a long shot.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Members

Thanks, the options is just the three you can see in the photo. I will have a look at the instructions. I've read in online reviews that you have to press quite hard but it shouldn't be this difficult!

• Root Admin

Thanks, so that "options" section does not open separate options? That seems very strange, I've never seen the word "options" that didn't mean if you click on it, you can adjust hidden options. If that's the case, it's not a very good design at all.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Root Admin

Also, I've just had a thought. Could it be that you have to press and hold for a few seconds before anything activates? I'm just wondering if they have designed it so that it is not sensitive to quick, potentially accidental presses?

• Members

Whereas our Hoover Tumble Dryer is the opposite, the touch has a life of its own sometimes and selects even though we haven't pressed the touch buttons LOL :D 

• Like 1

• Members

Hi thanks, here's a shot of the options section in the manual, just the three to choose from.

No I tried your suggestion re long press, no luck.

hoover.png

• Like 1

• Members

Hygiene + seems fascinating on this machine. It says in the manual "it maintains 60'c throughout the wash" - so when they say 'throughout the wash' do they mean its 60c throughout the wash and including the rinse right to the end of the wash cycle , or do they mean that 60c temperature until it gets to the rinse cycle and the rinse cycle is as normal cold water rinse?

1844035642_hygieneplus.jpg.f15eb91917cd1099000f0762488989aa.jpg

• Root Admin

It's a bit misleading. It can't maintain 60 degrees through the entire wash unless it starts the wash at 60 degrees. Presumably it means once reached it maintains the temperature but that wouldn't be accurate as how long is that?

It could be to counter the criticisms I wrote about here 

washing machines not delivering right temperatures

• Like 1

• Members

there used to be a washing machine out a few years back now with a rinse called 'medic rinse' i think it was (could have been a Haier make) and that I think did rinse in warm or hot water. The thing with that is that if you want to get suds out of clothes you would rinse I think with cold water I would have thought as hot water would just keep the water soapy? 

If you did have a washing machine that rinsed in hot water and the clothes came out warm rather than cold (as in cold rinse) and you then put the clothes into a tumble dryer or out on the line then would they actually dry quicker because they started of drying warm instead of cold? - there's a question for you Andy :) 

• Root Admin

Yes, warm or hot water does create more suds but theoretically that could be more efficient if it draws out the suds. I've heard it claimed that rinsing in warm water is better. It's possible the only reason we don't is the extra cost. I remain unsure. 

Regarding the hot clothes drying quicker I'd expect that would be the case. Though I've seen that hot water freezes quicker than cold water. And science apparently can't explain why.