Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Faraz

Clicking sound from Beko washing machine when drum rotates

Hi,

My washing machine is making a weird clicking sound whenever the drum rotates, either by hand or during wash cycle. I read other similar topics here before posting and manually checked the drum from inside for any wire or something else being stuck - could not find anything.

Below is a short video of the sound, hope this helps.

Can anyone please let me know what might the problem be and is it anything I can fix myself?

Also I regularly use the machine with this sound(as I have to do my washing), is this causing any long term damage to the machine?

Thank you

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Hello. That sounds like the motor. To troubleshoot a noise when the drum turns you need to take off the drive belt and make sure it's not catching on the drum pulley at the back. Then spin the drum by hand again. If the noise is still there it's related to the drum, drum bearings or something stuck in the drum. If the noise has gone then it has to be the motor or in some rare cases even the drive belt. 

• Like 1

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Thanks for the reply Andy, I'll need to take it apart I guess on the weekend. 

But, as you suggested that its most likely the motor, then what kind of repair and cost am I looking it? Would it be worth repairing or should I get another used machine from my local gumtree or something?

Thanks

It sounds like it could be a problem with the armature (raised or loose segment on commutator) New motor would be required if so.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

More details on the armature and the clicking noise can be found here btw Fitted brushes now motor sparking or noisy