Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

dok

AEG Lavamat Protex Plus display hardly visible!

Hi All,

The display on my AEG lavamat protex plus AEG L98699FLE2 washing machine is hardly visible. It's not completely blank, rather it's really faint and not in a homogenous way either, meaning some parts of the text/symbols are slightly visible but most are totally invisible.  Would anyone know if this is simply a display module failure & requires a simple swap, or if this symptom could be caused by an electrical failure elsewhere in the machine. The machine functions perfectly otherwise, no error codes, no unusual behaviour, etc. 6yrs old this year.

Any tips appreciated.

Screenshot 2019-03-13 at 10.30.13.png

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

It could be a fault on the display but it could also be that it isn't getting the correct voltage sent to it somehow. It doesn't have an option to adjust the display brightness or put it into an eco mode does it? Have you tried unplugging it from mains for several means, probably a waste of time but worth a try.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

On 14/03/2019 at 12:55, Whitegoodshelp (Andy) said:

It could be a fault on the display but it could also be that it isn't getting the correct voltage sent to it somehow. It doesn't have an option to adjust the display brightness or put it into an eco mode does it? Have you tried unplugging it from mains for several means, probably a waste of time but worth a try.

Hi Andy, Thanks for the reply. Yes, Unfortunately there is no brightness or eco mode and the unplugging has already been tried. I opened the machine and did a visual check of the electrics plus checked for loose connectors but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. The incorrect voltage also was a thought I had but wasn't sure if these displays would react like this or are simply on/off with no in-between. So I guess the next step is to get a voltage meeter and take some measurements at the board before ordering a new one. It san expensive part, so need some way of being sure its at fault. Would these module get full voltage or would these internal electrics be working on much less that the mains? 

If you suspect the control panel pcb I'd recommend sending it to QER repairs. They can test them, repair them or supply reconditioned ones. Buying a new one is risky unless you are sure it's at fault.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.