John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Hotpoint Aqualtis Aqxgf 149Pi

lepplin

• Members

Hi,

i have a hotpoint aqualtis which is spinning slowly during the spin cycle all the way to the end then stops with flashing lights and error code F02.

i have had a quick look at the wiring and everything seems ok no loose connectors, i have also checked that the tacho is not loose hopefully that is the little bit on the back of the motor with two wires attached to it.

dont know what to do from there

your help would be much appreciated

thanks

• Root Admin

I htink that code is the same as the Hoover error 7, which is motor jammed or tacho fault, therefore this article may help

http://www.whitegoodshelp.co.uk/hoover-nextra-error-code-7/

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Members

well the motor isnt jammed and the drum spins freely, so i guess its worth spending £20 on a new tacho and trying that before i buy a new machine

thanks for the reply

• Root Admin

With this fault the machine appears to think the motor is jammed because it isn't getting any feedback from the tacho coil showing the motor is turning yet it knows it's supplying power to the motor and can't detect any other fault. One thing that can cause this is if the tacho coil drops off leaving everything electrically connected but not able to detect the magnet spinning inside it. A broken magnet may cause issues too.

To be honest if the coil is firmly in place it's unlikely to be the cause as if it was faulty (open circuit) it should trigger a different fault. If you can't see anything I'd get an engineer in.

(Many tacho coils aren't even available as spare parts either, which is a disgrace)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Members

Well I guess I will buy a new machine then as I don't want to pay £110 for a callout and find its going to cost me more for parts.
Thanks for your help

• Root Admin

The technical information for Error F02 on Hotpoint Aqualtis just says, "Motor jammed or tacho off" - "check motor and module connections" so it's as I originally said, the same fault as the Hoover Nextra error 7.

• Members

Do you think I should change the tacho or is it more likely to be a pcb fault ? I am not holding you to anything here lol just wonder what you think .

Thank you

• Root Admin

The nature of this fault is that the pcb thinks the motor is electrically OK but it can't detect the magnet spinning inside the tacho coil, which is how it monitors the motor speeds. Arguably if the tacho coil is faulty (open circuit) it would give this error but I always thought it would know the tacho coil is open circuit. However, as there is no error code for an open circuit tacho coil maybe it could account for the fault? You might find one on my 4washerhelp appliance spares site - If you can they aren't expensive. Please let us know how you get on.