Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

oldlock

Ariston H2O Error Code.

Hi.

Greetings from the colonies ! I'm in Australia but info is thin on the ground and I'm hoping some help from the 'old country' can assist me.

I have an Ariston AQXXF 129 front loading washing machine.

The machine will start a wash cycle OK. Water can been seen / felt being drawn in. However when it changes to the rinse / spin cycle an Error message : H2O is displayed on the LCD. Research suggests that this relates to a problem with water in / water out. I don't think it's drawing water when switching to spin cycle as I can neither feel or hear water in the pipes then.

I've checked the pipes and there are no blocks, issues with water pressure / FOD in the filter.

I've checked the outlet pipe and it's clean. The pump impeller is free and turns when the machine is on. The drain pipe from the drum to the pump is free and clean.

I've checked the vacuum sensor pipe and it seems OK.

I've pretty technically minded / good with machines and have and can use a multimeter so any suggests as to diagnosis / remedy appreciated. Being a fair way from a major city getting it repaired is going to be a very costly matter and typically it's out of warranty.

Some info suggests maybe a problem with the intake valves, but if that's the case surely the machine would present the error code at the start of the wash cycle ?

Anyway - thanks for any assistance or advise anyone can provide.

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

G'day mate :-) Yes H20 is pretty much universally used to indicate a water fill problem. Either no water is getting into the machine or it's so slow it's timing out. It might be worth going through all the steps in my article on washing machine not taking in water in case it reveals something or at least to say you've eliminated everything else.

Also make sure it isn't siphoning - washing machine fills with water which just goes down the drain although if it were siphoning you should be hearing it fill constantly even though not much water appears to get into the machine.

As yours appears to fill initially, but then indicates a fill error during rinses it may be a weird fault unless it's a hot and cold fill washing machine and there's a fault preventing the cold water getting in but it's filling ok with hot on the initial wash.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Thanks. I've done a fair bit of experimentation thus far. Depending on the wash program selected the volume of water being drawn in initially varies. I can feel and hear it coming in on both the hot and cold supplies (I've checked these for flow rates off the machine and their fine). Once the initial fill completes the flow stops which would suggest that it's not siphoning. It seems that as soon as it changes to the rinse cycle that the slow / restricted water intake issue presents. I'm leaning towards a problem perhaps in the controller, my next test would be to see what voltage is being delivered to the inlet valves during the initial fill and then compare that with what happens when the rinse cycle is selected.

Any suggestions as to how to test the valves would be useful, in terms of expected resistance across the terminals ?

The machine model name is also Aqualatis, I'm not sure if that has any links to the Hoover machine of the same name and whether this maybe a common fault ?

Thanks for any suggestions you can make !

The siphoning doesn't occur with the valves, it occurs at the other end. Water can slowly seep out of the washing machine down the drain hose and into the drain. The washer detects there isn't enough water so allows more water in but because the water is siphoning out as fast as it goes in this sets of a vicious circle of filling and draining so the washer never gets enough water in and could [produce a water related error code. If that was happening though (most likely on rinses) the washer should be filling excessively but not getting enough water in

Aqualtis is a Hotpoint brand in the UK. The valves must be ok if they are energising ok on wash.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

I bit the bullet and took the machine to a repair centre. The fault was :

The cold water inlet has two solenoid valves, one of which is low flow, the other high. One of those valves had failed. Once replaced the machine is working fine again. I post this in the hope it will assist others with the same fault.