Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

DLangston

Samsung Wf8602Ngw "de" Error

Hi,

Would anyone be able to help diagnose the fault with my Samsung WF8602NGW washing machine. The machine turns on and I can select a programme to use but when I press the start button there is a short pause and I get a flashing "dE" error code along with four audible beeps and the machine fails to start a cycle. I have searched around and all I can find is the error relates to a door open error, so I have purchased and fitted a new door switch (the one that fixes to the body of the machine that the door latch fits into) but this hasn't made a difference to the error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

The washing machine is convinced the door is open. The first thing to check is that the door catch which pushes into the door interlock isn't loose, damaged or the spring broken if fitted. When the door closes the door catch needs to activate the door interlock. Try a little wd-40 as a long shot worth trying but if you can't see a problem and you've replaced the door interlock you'll be better off getting an engineer in.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Is there a way to test the new door interlock with a multimeter to see if its working as expected. Both the old and new interlock do not make a connection when running a meter across them but I suspect the switch needs power to activate.

No it needs a bi-metal strip and coil inside it be energised before the connection is made. If you wire it up wrong it will not work (or blow up) but if you know you wired it up right, or it had a connector plug that could only fit one way, and you know the connections to it are all ok then you have to assume it's nothing to do with the door interlock on the basis that the chances of both the original door interlock and a brand new one having the same fault are very slim indeed.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Just a quick update. Managed to get the machine fixed today after some help from a friend who noticed that the wire harness which connects to the door interlock had been damaged by contact with the outer drum wearing its way completely through the brown wire. Cut, re-soldered and heat shrunk the wire and now the machine is working perfectly again. So the "dE" error was correct as power was not making its way to the door interlock. Thanks for all of the help and suggestions.