John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Indesit Washing Machine Banging Problem

jamie.cooke1

• Members

Hi guys. My indesit washing machine has developed some strange noises etc... Firstly a big bang on saturday. When load had stopped (after making lots of noises) the washing was black and there was bits of what looks like shredded synthetic (like plastic) inside the drum. I have just spun it now and although working the drum sounds like it has friction, and catching when going around. Any ideas? Had back off and belt fine, had top off and cant see any foreign objects. Thanks in advance Posted Image

• Root Admin

It sounds serious. Take the top off and see if the tub weight is on ok and make sure the tub isn't damaged. There's been a spate of washing machines virtually exploding and Indesit machines are amongst them. I've been meaning to write an article about it for a while now. It sounds like the drum and or tub is somehow damaged. It's also perfectly possible that an obstruction could have cause it, which could be stuck in-between the outer tub and drum. Even a sock could do it, if it's a sock (or similar) there will be some give in the resistance as you'd expect from something soft.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Members

Hi, the drum weight is intact and from top all looks ok. Like I said the foreign objects that keep appearing are like shredded plastic stuff. I have used twice yesterday on tests and more of this stuff appeared although not much. I also noticed a little bit of water under the front end after load yesterday. When manually spin the drum from inside it sounds like catching

• Root Admin

Main suspect is something metallic has got into the machine between the outer tub and inner drum, and is shredding up the plastic outer tub. A small leak indicates it's already damaged it bad enough to allow water to escape. The best thing is to stop using it before anything more serious happens (like a full flood) and get an engineer to look at it. Though to be honest it could be an expensive repair and not worth doing.

Find an engineer using Washerhelp

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• 2 years later...
  • Root Admin

For troubleshooting noises on a washing machine try this http://www.whitegoodshelp.co.uk/washing-machine-is-noisy/