Manjag666

Miele 3242 Noisey When Spinning !

2 posts in this topic

We recently bought a new Miele 3242 to replace our old Hoover (oh what a nightmare that machine was), anyway on to my query:

When the Miele is on its spin cycle (maximum 1500 rpm) there is a banging / knocking noise as if the load is out of balance, we have run the machine empty and the noise does not exist.

I have checked the levels and the machine stands square and level and it is running on a flat tiled floor.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

We will call the Miele engineer out if we are not at fault but I am wondering if we are and not using it properly.

Before signing off I want to say that this site has been a wonderful source of information and help to us before we bought our machine

Sorry this one got missed. Every so often I don't receive notification that a new topic has been posted and I rely on them to keep track of things. This is probably too late but a knocking noise is sometimes caused by a lose tub weight although Miele washing machines have a cast iron weight which doesn't normally come loose. There's some general advice regarding noisy washing machines here - Washing machine is noisy