John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Drum shaft spider arms corroded & broken

• Root Admin

Hi. As far as I know Miele don’t sell any spare parts apart from a handful of accessories and a few simple parts. I know they don’t on their own website, and I couldn’t find anything on a third party spares site. 

Unfortunately, even if they did, the parts would be ludicrously expensive. They charge nearly £200 just for the aquastop fill hose!

I would expect for a drum and spider, bearings and seals it might be £400 or more, though I don’t think they are available. Miele are dead against anyone repairing Miele appliances but themselves and dealers.

Please let me know if you find anything different. 

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy appliance spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Root Admin

They charge nearly £120 just for a door seal. Insane prices. 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

If you can't find an affordable genuine, or compatible part, or a second hand donor machine, I did come across a couple of places offering to make a balanced stainless steel spiders to order for any washing machine, while looking for parts when the bearings failed in my Zanussi a few years ago. There was one that quoted reasonable prices including shipping to the UK (they have videos on youtube), but it was based in Ukraine , so I'm not sure how likely it is that they'd still be making washing machine parts, or how long it would take.   Fortunately the spider for my machine was still ok.

• Root Admin

Thanks MelS. If fitting a new drum spider though, you would definitely need to also replace all of the drum and bearing seals. If they are not available it wouldn't be possible to repair as water would leak into the bearings when reassembled.