John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Symptom, very very noisy when spinning?

so I have taken the top off it and run a full load, when spinning at 800 + rpm it’s very noisy and drum/ housing vibrating all over the place. Both top springs intact as is the concrete, belt seems to have good tension and traction, also the drum appears to spin ok without being “ loose” but I haven’t removed the belt because of the totally enclosed outer case. Any thoughts at this stage I’m at please 

• Root Admin

Hello Adrian. Unfortunately unless you can take the belt off you cannot be hundred percent sure if the noise is coming from the motor, or the drum because both are spinning at the same time. Does it sound like this at all?

Here's what drum bearings sound like when they are worn

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy appliance spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Root Admin

Also, if the noise is more like a knocking noise, disconnect the washing machine from the mains and vigourously shake the drum about to see if you can hear any knocking. This would be typically caused by loose concrete drum weights. There is usually one on the top, and one either on the front underneath the door seal or underneath the drum near to the motor. If the drum weights are not loose you would be unlikely to get any knocking noise when you shake it about.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy appliance spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.