John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Bosch Washing Machine

Hi All, 

I have this sound coming from my Bosch washing machine always on a spin cycle. I have changed the dampers and made no difference. I'm at a lost what is causing this huge racket. The Machine is level. Hoping someone can help. Don't think it's the bearings as during a wash it's fine. 

On an empty spin cycle no noise either. 

The weights inside are OK and nothing broken. 

Thank you for your help 

Edited by Hussein Nurbhai

• Root Admin

Hi Hussein. It sounds very similar to the videos in my article about a knocking rattling noise on washing machines here Washing machine making rapid tapping / knocking noise on spin

If that doesn't help, you'd need to check out this double article here, which covers every possible cause of a noisy washing machine

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy appliance spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Thanks for the reply. I have checked this and looks OK. See video. I can only now suspect its the tri arm and or bearings, which obviously will become a bigger job. Not sure about bearings, as it runs fine on an empty load. 

The initial scratching noise is my gloves friction with the drum. 

Edited by Hussein Nurbhai
Add of line

• Root Admin

Hello Hussein. Aye it's a totally different drum pulley than what most washing machines have. In my video the noise is caused because the drum pulley is secured and tight but it's worn where it slots on to the drum shaft and moves back and forth on the shaft. 

Have you disconnected from mains and taken the lid off too, and just moved and bounced and shook everything including the drum to see if you can hear the noise and identify it? Looking for something loose or broken somewhere. 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Root Admin

It’s likely to be the weight of wet laundry that's shaking something hard enough to cause the noise. Suspects are bolts that are slightly loose and concrete weights that are slightly loose. You are looking for something not obviously loose. Also check the casing chassis and wheels or feet for cracks.

Try shaking and bouncing tub around very vigorously. Other than that I believe I have mentioned every possible cause of noise in my 2 part articles that I linked to previously so would suggest carefully going through and eliminate every one.