John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Beko programme selection dial not working

Hi,

Our Beko washing machine has developed a fault with the programme selection dial. Some of the programmes cannot be selected, including the on/off position. Whilst turning the dial, there is usually a beep for each programme but this is not heard for some of them. I've attached a video that explains it better than I can. 

I'm wondering if anyone's seen something like this before and if a fix might be possible. The machine seems to be working otherwise, but not being able to use the right programmes is making it impossible to use. 

Thanks for any suggestions!

Ben

• Root Admin

Always worth disconnecting from mains for several minutes and plugging back in, just in case the software has just crashed.

Also, when it's switched to off, the display is showing a programme has been selected. Could the knob be out of sync somehow? Is there any position at all that appears to display "off"?

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy appliance spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Root Admin

If the programmes you can select seem to work OK then maybe the selector system is faulty, or there's a communication error between it and the main pcb, or even a fault in the pcb. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be something with an easy diy fix. 

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy appliance spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.