John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

how to open filter (beko wtk72011w)

• Members
Posted (edited)

Can someone please tell me what I’m missing that I can’t open this thing? I believe I’m supposed to turn it anti clockwise but it will not budge. Is there something else that needs to be done first? It can’t be this difficult 

1A31289A-95F1-451C-AC68-746999EFC0F2.jpeg

Edited by krist

• Root Admin

Hi. No you do need to turn it anti clockwise and then pull it out. See if it will turn clockwise or is it totally jammed?

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Whitegoodshelp (Andy) said:

Hi. No you do need to turn it anti clockwise and then pull it out. See if it will turn clockwise or is it totally jammed?

No it won’t turn clockwise either. Why is it on so tight? Does something have to be dislodged first? It’s unlikely anything is jamming it because I always empty my pockets - I’m just wondering if there’s some paper in there because I recently forgot to take a tag off a new tshirt and this morning I noticed some water in the drum after I had taken the clean laundry out. I’ve already drained the water from the tube. This is also the first time I’ve ever done this. How could it be if I can’t get that open?

• krist changed the title to how to open filter (beko wtk72011w)
  • Root Admin

Hi. If it won’t turn at all, not even a millimetre then it must be jammed with something solid. If something jams it you’d normally expect to be able to turn it so far and then feel increasing resistance until it won’t turn any more. 

The only things I’ve known jam the pump filter are things like bra underwires or large nails. I would try using something like large pliers or mawl grips to gently try to turn it in case it’s just very stiff for some reason. Or maybe use a cloth to get a firmer grip without hurting the hand which may allow you to use more force.

Obviously there’s a risk of breaking it if you use pliers etc so be careful. If it won’t come off the only thing left to try is make sure it’s drained of as much water as possible and lay it down to take off the sump hose, and maybe even the pump itself. 

https://www.whitegoodshelp.co.uk/washing-machine-pump-filter/

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Root Admin

Use the small draining tube to make sure all the water has gone. 

• Root Admin

Btw does that plastic part that the jagged edge of the pump filter rests up against at top left move or press down at all?

626FB733-EBB0-41E2-A841-14A1CDB30EAC.png

• Root Admin

And finally have you looked in the instruction manual? It will tell you exactly how to take it off. 

• Members

- we used a cloth, that didn’t help

- I’m afraid I don’t have any tools like pliers etc

- there won’t be any bra underwire in there, for reasons I won’t bore you with, definitely won’t be any nails in there either

- I have drained all the water

- and that grey part doesn’t seem to move 

The only reason I can assume the water filled the drum today is the possibility of some paper in the filter. If that’s the case, and I highly anything solid is in there, wouldn’t it be safe to just keep using the machine? Is it possible it’s not supposed to be easy to remove?

The manual just says “Turn and remove the pump filter” 

6E25EFD5-0B08-418F-8750-4F2F3DE431BE.jpeg

• Root Admin

Just looking at the last instructions in the manual page you posted. (No 6). Not sure what it’s on about, does the part that you turn to try to open it pull or push in?

If there is any paper in the pump filter it may well block it. If the washer is pumping out ok and you can’t get the pump filter out then you can just keep using the washing machine. You just may need to get an engineer in if you subsequently need to clean the filter. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Nothing can be pulled or pushed from what I’ve tried.

So, if it’s blocked by paper, what will happen?

And how do I know if it’s pumping out okay?

Edited by krist

• Root Admin

If the paper gets into the pump filter it will stop pumping water out either totally or partially. 

just put the washing machine in a rinse and spin cycle or even a short wash cycle. No need for clothes or detergent. If it malfunctions or stops full of water it’s blocked. 

You should be able to painstakingly drain it out using the small black tube, but if you can’t get the pump filter out it will need looking at. 

• Members

Well I broke it.. ☹️☹️☹️

Please tell me there’s another way to get in there

CD696F69-01FF-4C3F-B3CC-8A59F725112C.jpeg

• Root Admin
On 18/05/2022 at 14:30, Whitegoodshelp (Andy) said:

Hi Krist. They aren't usually expensive, you may be able to buy a replacement here Ransom Spares - Beko pump filters

If you can't find it, send them a help request.

This shows it's clearly rock solid. It's hard to think of anything that could make it so solidly jammed it won't even move a mm. It's almost as if it's a dummy and not meant to come off at all, but that looks exactly like a normal pump filter and if it says it comes off in the instruction manual it should.

The only way to get to it is as I mentioned before and make sure it’s drained of as much water as possible and completely disconnected from the electric supply. Then lay it down to take off the sump hose, and maybe even the pump itself gaining access from underneath.

• Members

So is it just a new filter that I need? And I’ll be able to replace it without opening it, right? If I go underneath and get it from there...

• Root Admin

If the pump filter can be bought separately it will have to come off. With the sump hose and pump off you should be able to see if something is jamming it and remove it.