John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Hoover dynamic next no spin

Jimbeattie

• Members

Hi

I have a hoover dynamic next washing machine that stopped spinning. I took the back off of it to find that, as expected,the brushes were completely worn. I replaced these and put the machine on a cycle. About 1min into the cycle I could hear the motor making a sound like it was away to start then a loud bang that blew the fuse. Took the motor out again and checked everything was put in correctly which it was. Checked it with a multimeter and there was an open circuit over motor so I guessed it was broken and ordered a new one. Just put that in and its still not spinning. Will run through a whole cycle as if its running OK but it just doesn't spin at all. Np fault codes are being shown on the screen. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks

• Root Admin

Hi Jim. Unfortunately there is a chance that when the motor blew, it damaged something in the main PCB. But it's also possible there could be a dodgy connection somewhere. The main thing to check is the motor plug to make sure that it is inserted properly and that none of the pins have been pushed out so that they are not connecting inside, which can happen.

If you can't see any obvious problem with the wiring harness and connection, and we are assuming that it is the correct motor and there is nothing wrong with it, then it might be worth seeing if you can see anything blown on the PCB. However, make sure it has been unplugged for at least 10 minutes before touching it as some of them can hold a nasty electrical charge even after being unplugged.

Don't mistake any black soot on the printed circuit board that wipes off for anything untoward as it is very common for resistors that get very hot to attract a lot of dust that turns black. You should know if something is physically blown. Unfortunately these PCBs can be expensive and you are in a tricky position. I would be very cautious about replacing the PCB, particularly if you cannot actually see anything wrong with it. It might be advisable to see if you can return the motor?

• Thanks 1

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.