Zanussi ZWD1262W showing control board fault on drying but only if drying time set greater than 6 minutes

I have a ZWD1262W. It works fine as a washing machine. However if I try to use the drying function it will initially work (run, air heats up etc) but where I set the drying time equal to or greater than 6 minutes then on count down the machine will stop and the led lights flash. When looking at the diagnostics it shows a control board fault. (If I set the drying time less than 6 minutes all is ok. The machine will also reset OK and function until again a drying time of more than 6 minutes is selected and on countdown the same fault occurs)

I tried a new heater but this didn't make any difference (thought perhaps an earth fault). 

I have found a replacement pcb (used) but it was for a different model of machine (though is an identical board). Is there a way of configuring the pcb to the ZWD1262W by using the buttons/ dial on the operator panel of the machine (photo of dials/ buttons attached)?

Thanks

ZWD1262W operator Control.jpg

Hello there. It might be a bit of messing about but could you try setting it for 5 minutes, then turning it off then setting it again for another 5 minutes? In other words it might be useful to find out if it is something about the program software running for longer than 6 minutes or is it more to do with it having physically run for more than 6 minutes. In other words could something be overheating, or is it something about the program lasting longer than 6 minutes?

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.