Samsung WF90F5E3U4W issue on agitation (I think!)

I've been through the common problems and I seem to have the reverse issue... Our machine will spin (if it manages to get to that part of the cycle), but it seems to have issues with agitation (almost as if is slipping). I have replaced the belt but the issue still persists. Putting it on just a spin, it does a weird sort of jerky agitation as if it can't turn the drum successfully, sometimes it manages to get past this bit and go into a normal spin, but sometimes it doesn't.

Hello Findon. The important thing to establish here is when the motor struggles to turn on the wash is it sparking excessively? However, this question is only relevant if your motor is fitted with carbon brushes and not all washing machine motors are these days. Worn or sticking carbon brushes is a common cause of a motor struggling to turn on wash but it will usually affect spin too.

So if there is no sparking the other thing to check is that the belt isn't slipping. The belt could slip if water is leaking onto it, though that is quite rare and it would expect to notice a leak. Or it could slip if it is just not tight enough - How tight should the drive belt be

Failing that it sounds like it could be a fault with the motor, especially if it is one that doesn't have carbon brushes and is therefore an induction motor. It's possible you could have a faulty field coil. It is theoretically possible for a problem with the electronics and the module to cause problems too so I would be very wary of just replacing the part and hoping it will fix it.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

That looks like a poss electronic fault such as a start capacitor or fault on motor or components in the PCB. Not carbon brushes or belt. 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

That sounds bad :)

Just turned it off and on again (classic fix). This time it got past that point, but still didn't look great. Then here is a video of it spinning happily! Stupid thing!

https://streamable.com/t2j73z

But at the end of this cycle it has a minute where it tries to do the agitation/tumble part of the sequence and i bet that fails, will get another video...

Ha ha it was still a gamble. I never said it was the PCB but well done :)