Stiff Indesit drum making metallic scraping noise

Good afternoon, 
I have an Indesit IWME127 integrated washing machine that’s only just over two years old. The drum became very stiff to turn, and makes a loud metallic scraping noise when you try to do so by hand.

I have watched various videos on this and it seems that, in order of probability, it could be: 
(a) a foreign object physically jamming the drum; 
(b) a drum bearing fault; or even
(c) a damaged spider that holds the drum bearing (I had this problem before on a much older example of a similar model). 

Would I be able to tell which is the case by removing the back? In that case, as it’s a fitted (integrated) type and I haven’t had it out yet, what type of heads do the securing screws have - Philips, Pozi, or anything uncommon?

Assuming no obvious signs of damage are visible,  how would I be able to check whether it’s down to a foreign object jam or the drum bearing? Can anyone point me to an exploded diagram, perhaps? Any tips for removing offending foreign objects?  If anyone has had a previous experience, I would greatly appreciate your advice.

Many thanks,

Alec.

Hi Alec. Many washing machines can’t even be stripped down any more. The first thing to do is take the belt off and see if you can work out the problem up slowly turning the drum. You need to examine the drum around the back of the drum paddles (lifters) to see if the drum is cracked anywhere and lift the drum At the front all the way around to see if the drum is loose or gives at any one point which would indicate a broken drum spider arm (there are 3). 

These articles may help 

How to remove something stuck in drum

What do worn drum bearings sound like

Causes of noisy washing machine

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

I should add that repairing built in appliances is harder. 

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.