John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Miele inner drum is rubbing on door seal seems to be getting worse.  No play sideways or back to front on inner and outer drum.  Inner drum looks to be slightly proud of outer drum.  I suspect its still a bearing issue anyone else had this problem?

• Like 1

Hello. If it is the bearings it should be very noisy on spin? If it isn't noisy and there's no play it shouldn't be the bearings.

• Like 1

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Check that the drum pulley hasn’t come loose allowing the drum shaft to move forward. 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Posted (edited)

Looked at inner drum its slightly forward and rotates off centre compared with the rim of the outer drum probably 10mm out( it looks worse than the measurement suggests, but not any noise and not loose, do they normally rotate pretty much central can they be adjusted?  Stripping drum down later

Edited by Paul007
Add text
  • Like 1

The rims can appear slightly out of true, they are often not perfectly circular. Can you push the drum back on its shaft? Try pushing and twisting at the back of the drum to see if it will push back at all. Did you check the drum pulley?

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Paul.

• 9 months later...
On 11/01/2020 at 07:16, Paul007 said:

Found the problem inner drum spider corroded, everything else was very good condition for a 10 year old + washer .now need to find one at a good price or buy a new washer.

Thanks for posting this Paul. I have the same problem. I had Miele tech come out and they told me I needed a new drum and drum bearing.

When you say the "inner drum spider" is corroded, do you mean this. Seems like if this is corroded, the inner drum would be loose??? In my case, from what Andy said, the inner drum has moved forward slightly--because the shaft slipped in the bearing or???

Any help much appreciated. Sure not getting any from Miele. They just want to sell me a new one while my 11 year old machine is in excellent condition.

Drum bearing bracket.JPG

• Thanks 1