Appliance Offers
Krobin7

WASHING MACHINE SAT FOR ABOUT 3 OR 4 YEARS

Hi, I have a washing machine that has been sitting up for about 3 or 4 years in a garage that is not climate controlled or anything. The washing machine wasn't used much so it was fairly new before it was stored. Well after pulling it back out for so long, I plugged it in, the water took some time to start back working. and there was no leaks. My problem come in to the fact its not agitating at all. It doesn't spin or anything. it drains when it needs to. I thought maybe it was the washing coupling, after watching so many youtube videos but it was barely ran. Im trying to get answer on what I need to do to fix the problem that has me now frustrated. The washing machine is a Kenmore. Please let me know.

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Hi. It's remarkable how often this happens when an appliance hasn't been used for a long time but was perfectly OK when last used. I wrote a specific article about it with help and advice here Using a washing machine from storage - However, it can't really help in diagnosing why the motor no longer works. It could be so many different things as described here Washing machine drum not turning

If it's a front loading washing machine it may be worth opening the door and giving the drum a few hard spins in case by any chance the brushes have stuck. It's very much a long shot but costs nothing to try.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.