Appliance Offers
draikin1

Could this defect interfere with my machine's function in the long run?

For reasons beyond this post's topic I unboxed my machine (Beko WTG620M1W 6kg 1200rpm Freestanding Washing Machine) after the return period expired and it had a defect in the back (see attached pictures). It's basically a long split in the bottom part of  the back. My question is: could this affect the machine's long term function or life expectancy somehow?

IMG_20190721_164109.jpg

IMG_20190721_164122.jpg

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Hello. If the washing machine has been received damaged then the return period shouldn't come into it. You wouldn't be returning it as such but complaining that it was received damage and asking for it to be fixed. You could potentially insist on them replacing it though.

It looks like the back panel had had some pressure applied to it somehow. It could have happened during transit although they are usually well protected. I would take off the back panel and check everything looks ok inside then try to straighten it out and refit it. The chances are it just wants straightening out and it will fit back fine. In current position it ma potentially rattle on spin a bit.

On the other hand if it looks like more extensive damage has been done you will need to complain, explain it went unnoticed due to a reasonable delay in unpacking. They would need to prove it was your fault.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Hi, I took off the back panel as you advised and straightened it a bit then I could put it back properly. Hopefully the gap won't reappear, it looks like it won't. Thanks a lot for your very helpful input!

• Like 1

Excellent. Thanks for the update. 

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.