Appliance Offers
Clare

polystyrene float replacement and anti-flood reset

I have a Washing Machine which is saying EF0 I have found the reason, I have mice which have eaten the polystyrene float and made a nest there with other stuff, when I cleared the other stuff the EF0 went off until I tried to put the machine back in to its place. Where would I get a replacement float (or how could I make one) and how do I un-trip the flood protection switch (it is all bone dry so that is not a problem)   

I have a John Lewis JLWM1413 Washing Machine 

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Ransom Spares

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

Hi. You should be able to order a spare from www.4washerhelp.co.uk 

Once replaced it should stop triggering the error. 

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your appliance Spares 

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

On 08/08/2019 at 07:58, Whitegoodshelp (Andy) said:

Hi. You should be able to order a spare from www.4washerhelp.co.uk 

Once replaced it should stop triggering the error. 

Is this the one?  https://www.4washerhelp.co.uk/float-switch-assembly/product.pl?pid=5100328&query=John+Lewis+JLWM1413

(busy with a list of stuff - will appreciate the repair more after bath clothes washing)

Thank you

That looks like it.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

It is saying that it is out of stock - normally delivery within 10 working days.  Do you think they will get one or should I look elsewhere?

It’s possible so worth a try but many of the other spares sites are run by the same company that runs 4washerhelp so the parts database would be the same. It’s not surprising that a part like that isn’t readily available as they don’t often go wrong.