Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

This is a very difficult fault to troubleshoot without an insulation test meter. If it only fuses or trips when washing though number 1 suspect is the heating element Washing Machine Tripping or Fusing Electrics

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Thankyou for that.   It has only ever been used on a cold wash and the hot water tap has never been connected. So does that narrow down the problem? I really appreciate your input as we are on pensions.

No Vicki, the hot tap is nothing to do with the heater. The heating element will always be used even if you have a hot water tap. If a washing machine doesn't trip on spin, or on rinses (double check this) - but it trips when it is on a wash cycle then the first thing that needs checking is the heating element. Unfortunately it can only be checked with an installation test meter which costs hundreds of pounds. So you would have to get proper engineering to check that. The only thing you could possibly do yourselves is to take off the back panel, disconnect the washing machine from the mains and just have a good look round in case you are lucky enough to find something like a wire that has come off and is shorting out. This is unlikely but if necessary you could give it a try.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

It all got too hard as we live out in the country with no close by technicians. Thankyou so much for your input.

I ended up getting a new machine and taking the old one to a recycle depot.

Thanks for the update Vicki. It's a shame as it might only have been the heating element.  If there are no local engineers you should always be able to get the manufacturer to repair it. But these days even replacing just the element can easily cost over £100.