John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

BEKO WM5120 Spin Starts Then Stops Straightaway

LK80

• Members

Hi,

We have a BEKO WM5120 which is about 6-7 years old. This is the first problem we have had. The washing machine has been in storage for a year but we decided to re-install it today. I decided to run it through a 90 degree wash with nothing in to initially clean it out however it will fill with water then try to spin and stop after a second or two, it will then try again after a few minutes and so on for about 20mins until the start/pause/cancel light flashes. I have read the article about not spinning with one item/small load but I am sure this is not the case with the machine as it is empty (and we used to clean it with a machine cleaner with nothing in it). I have checked the drain valve (bottom right of machine) and it is clear and I have ensured that the machine is not wobbling. I have also run the machine test mode but can only get to stage 3 where it tests the spin/pump but cannot go any further. It does drain perfectly well.

I feel I have tried as much as I can without taking apart the machine - is there any advice out there for me? Any help much appreciated.

• Root Admin

If you mean that the drum isn't turning properly it could be the carbon brushes sticking (if fitted). But there are many things that can cause the motor to not run. If it worked perfectly OK before storage but has now developed a fault it could be one of those mysterious faults that have no explanation after not being used for a long period. Check that the drum turns freely by hand and nothing has gone stiff.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.