John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

LG F1280TD6

The handle on my LG washing machine snapped. I ordered and new handle and attempted to replace it myself.

i didn't take a photo of how to put it back together and now the spring doesn't seem to work.  All photos and videos online do not match the my model number.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

If you could post photos I can have go at helping. 

• Like 1

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

No just blank. It should just be a case of dragging a file to the bottom of the window you are typing in. What format are they in? If you can't get it to work send me a message using my contact form and attach them to my reply.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Hi Lee. There's a link at the footer "contact us". Just message me on that and I'll reply by email. Then you will have my email address. I stopped putting my email address on the internet some years back. They get hoovered up by spam bots. You can never stop the spam once they get them. 

image2.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image3.jpeg

Hello Lee. It's not possible to explain. All I can say is that you need to put the small metal rod through the spring and metal catch in such a way that the metal catch is forced over by the spring as shown in my photo -

There's only a few ways the spring and catch can be fitted and only one way that forces the catch over as shown in the picture. Then when the door is closed it latches and when the door handle is levered it pulls the catch back and the catch springs back into position when the door latch is released. I've had fun and games with these when I've done the same and not taken enough notice before dismantling. It's basically a puzzle to work out.

DSCN0207.JPG