John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

LG f1403rd BROKEN HEATING DRYER PART

M.Ellis

• Members

Hi Andy.  I have a LG f1403rd. It started to make a loud knocking noise when going into spin cycle. This was after I had leant it to a friends pub. upon investigation, I found that the heating fan element that sits on top of the drum (for the dryer side of the machine) had come nearly completely off. The mounts that had it connected to the drum had lost the metal clips, there were no screws or bolts and some of the mounts had broken.. Im wondering if the parts that have sheared can be repaired (if so what with as am unsure to the plastics used) . I have tried to see what parts from websites I would need if the parts are not able to be repaid. However, there is a part I am unable to identify, again a photo can be sent. Any help will be very much appreciated. regards Ellis

FAN-ASSEMBLY.jpg

• Members

This part I am unsure what it is. I can not find it on the parts sites. it attaches to the back of the drum housing and connects to the fan assembly. Can someone please advise as to what it is. The mounting plates have broken away as well as the metal clips that are threaded. 

unknown-part-2.jpg

• Root Admin

Hello. The damage is caused by the screws being loose for quite some time and during spin they shake so much that they keep wearing down the plastic until it gives way. If the tub itself is damaged that's a different matter but if it's just the part is it this one?

LG F1403RD Outlet Duct

The other part is here LG F1403RD Duct Outlet - Dryer

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Members

I think that the front tub is damaged as well. Where the 90 degree bend attaches. Could the piece be repaired with an epoxy resin. or have the part glued in place? Or would I have to replace the front portion of the tub? Do these even come apart? cheers

• Root Admin

If the tub is damaged it's not possible for me to make a judgement call on fixing it. What I can say is if it's load bearing or subject to a lot of stresses I don't know anything capable of fixing it successfully. If it's something that once glued and everything is reassembled it shouldn't be under much stress you could try an epoxy resin. Plastic is extremely difficult to repair in any situation where it will be subject to stress and strain.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Root Admin

Bolts and screws are often hard to get. There's not much money stocking and selling such little things and there's very little demand for them. It's possible you might find them using the link to 4Washerhelp spare parts in my earlier replies. If not, you can send a parts query to them and they will try to find or order them for you. Whenever I've had faults like that I've retrieved the original ones from the base of the machine or underneath it, or I've used different ones that are the righ size. 

It's important to bear in mind that if the original ones came loose they aren't to be totally trusted. If you have them and they aren't damaged make sure you use some loctite on them. If you use similar ones from elsewhere use lock-nuts (plastic inside the nut) or use loctite. Check them every several months for coming loose. However, don't over-tighten and snap them either.

As for clips. They should be able to be retrieved from under the machine or in the base somewhere. Don't rummage around without it disconnected from mains though :)

If clips are missing or broken you'll have to improvise or try to get some from 4Washerhelp.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Hi Andy. thanks for that help previously. really helped. Is there a way to send a video of an issue that has arisen in the last week. the machine is making an ungodly loud churning sound. It happens when a program kicks in and before the drum starts to rotate, i'm guessing its something to do with the pump. I hope to hear from you soon. regards

• Root Admin

Hello M. The forums only accept a link to videos hosted elsewhere. It sounds like you need to start a new topic as it's a different fault. The first thing to check is for one of the missing clips inside the pump.