John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Bosch Logixx 7 - WIS28440GB Integrated

Ianb2007

• Members

Hi,

I have a Bosch Logixx 7 - WIS28440GB Integrated which is approx 7 years old and only used a couple of times every weekend so would say its done approx 800 washes in its lifetime.

All of a sudden when on the 1400 spin it becomes very noisy and i notice the drum wobbling. I have done a bearing check and there does not seem to be any play between the seal and drum but what i have noticed is the drum can be pushed easily so that i bangs on front or back of machine which i dont think is right. There is no major banging when running but the drum does wobble slightly. when starting and stopping and the 1400 spin is much noisier than normal.

I have read on the Web that this could either be damper or spring issues. I have a friend that is an electrician who in his past was a mechanic so is up for the job of swapping any bits required but just trying to work out what would be allowing the drum to move so much? Is it the springs, dampers or both? How can i test them?

Thanks in Advance

• Root Admin

Drum bearing faults cause a specific rumbling noise so if when you spin the drum as hard as you can from the front if bearings are gone the drum should rumble. It can often also feel rough as it turns. Top tub springs could break or come off which would cause the the drum to lean back or forward and catch on the casing. That should be obvious with the lid off. Suspension dampers these days are pretty basic and cheap devices. They should be easy to fit on most machines. Look for the tub leaning to one side or twisting. An engineer would take the machine pout and with the lid off observe it spinning with wet laundry inside and try to work out what is causing the noise if he can't see anything obvious.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Members

Thanks Andy, Under the supervision of my electrician friend we took the top and rear of the machine and stuck it on a short spin cycle and definitely the bearings at fault.

Bit disappointed that a £600 Bosch machine that is supposed to be a premium product has only lasted 7 years with not much heavy use. I have bought a cheap replacement now and may keep the Bosch and attempt with my friend the bearing replacement next summer when I have the space and weather outside to attempt.

Thanks Again