John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Oe Error Code For My New Lg F12B8Qda 7Kg Washing Machine

DanielDeronda

• Members

Hello

I bought this LG washing machine a couple of months ago & the 1st few washes went very well & cleaned my clothes very nicely. However, after about the 5th or 6th wash, I got an OE error code, so generically saying the pump is blocked.

I went into the manual to try & clean out the pump filter & manually remove the water that hadn't drained. I did this but when I tried to put the emergency drain hose back in, it fell through a hole into the back of the machine & I couldn't get it back. I had to take off the whole of the front cover & retrieved the hose & fixed it back in its original state, hoping that was enough for me to continue successful washing.

However, when I did some more washing, it got to the drain stage & I got the OE error code again. I've cleaned the filter numerous times, tried to move the hose if it was kinked, but all to no avail.

Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to solve the problem? as it has been a few weeks now without a washing machine. I unfortunately don't have a lot of room to move the washing machine to look at what might be wrong, so may need to get an engineer out, but I thought I'd ask you first. If you need any more info from me, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks

DANIEL GOULDEN

• Root Admin

You don't mention a guarantee so I'm assuming it wasn't brand new? I have an article on LG OE error

If the machine is new I wouldn't think it possible for a pressure system blockage by now. The main way to approach an OE error is, the error says it's timed out on empty and it isn't emptying the water out. If this is true and you can see it still has half or more of the water inside then you need to troubleshoot things like blocked pump filters, faulty pump and even blocked spigot at the u-bend. But if it's giving this error and the washing machine is clearly draining out most of the water (don't forget laundry will still be sopping wet even if ll water is pumped out if it hasn't actually spun) then the OE error is clearly nothing to do with not pumping out and is either caused by a fault on the pressure system (which tells the machine when the water has gone) or an erroneous error.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Members

I only bought it a couple of months ago, so is within its 2 year manufacturer guarantee/warranty. It seems not to be emptying the water after the wash cycle, so I assume there's some form of blockage. I've manually taken all the excess water out of the emergency drain hose & then taken the filter out. I've cleaned this thoroughly & also looked inside for any stray items. I couldn't find anything. Where else do I need to look for any erroneous items?

I ran a rinse & spin cycle & the rinse part worked ok but when it went on to the spin cycle, it froze for a few minutes & then gave me another OE code.

I don't want to bring an engineer in, but I'm not particularly savvy with anything DIY related :)

• Members

It may due to debris in the waste hose that feeds into the u-bend in the kitchen sink. There seems to be some extraneous matter in this hose that I've now fully removed. I'm just trying a rinse/spin cycle now to see if it works or not.

• Like 1

• Root Admin

Yes that's one of the first things to check in my article here washing machine won’t drain out the water and being as the washing machine is brand new it's more likely to be a fault in the plumbing or a blocked pump than a faulty machine.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Members

I've had a look at all the pumps linking the washing machine & have removed all gunk from them & cleaned them thoroughly. However, I've still got the OE code. My washing machine is in a small kitchen, & under some cupboards, so is difficult for me to get out on my own. I think I'll have to call an engineer in, as I'm at the end of things I can look at. Is there anything more you can think of?

• Members

Sorted now, got a plumber in & apparently the installers of the washing machine missed a major blockage when initially putting the machine in. They removed that & also put a new u-bend & ran some water through the sink & no more leaks!! Paid a bit more than I wanted, but everything seems to be working now & I've got a nice, quiet washing machine :D

• Like 1