Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

VincyGav

Indesit Iwdd7143 Washing Machine Not Draining Water, Pump Failure

I have an Indesit IWDD7143 washing machine and dryer combo. It had initially fail to drain water out and water was leaking from the ceased drain pump onto the the floor.
I then opened the pump and cleaned it out, I found a hairpin, and also found some coins in the drain sump. I did not buy this washing machine from new so could have been from previous user.

I replaced the drain pump for a new one of the same type, however it still does not drain. Everytime the machine comes to the cycle it needs to drain it would stop. Even if filled with water and I want it to drain using the drain mode, after 2 mins of nothing happening it may put the F11 error on.
I checked the voltage to the pump and it is getting 152volts AC, I do not know if this is enough, I guess it needs the full 230v AC to spin the pump.

I even opened the PCB module after and found a burnt out varistor TVR07471. I tried to find it online and no where in the UK seems top have them; nearest value I got was Varistor 180 pF 25 A 775 V from RS Online.
I fitted this to the circuit board, but still no cigar.

My last option I guess is to pay £94 for a new PCB module. Does anyone else know any different what would cause the pump not to run.

My PCB code is 215011572.01
S/N 1318404682
SW 16.00.19

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

They don't sell spares for pcb boards, or at least the manufacturers don't sell them - only complete boards. If the pump didn't have a neutral return it wouldn't run.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

After the problems with my old PCB module, I had bought a new board of Amazon, plugged it in and it gave a F09 fault. Called the company up and they said no it is not programmed, was very upset especially as it was listed for the IWDD7143UK.

I have almost given up with this as it seems no one may repair the old board.

Strange is the new board is made by Delta Electronics, INC

Code:21501022702

S/N:1404304387

FW1:16.00.13

Long bar code:131215010227021404304387

The old one is made by COMPUTIME

Code:215011572.01

SW:16.00.19

S/N:1318404682

Long bar code:091215011572011318404682

Any advice anyone?

F09 on Indesit washing machines is usually "EEPROM error" which is the software chip. New ones often need setting up and programming as they are often the same boards for different models with different features and wash cycles. They shouldn't really be selling boards to the public if they need configuring without at least mentioning it. I wonder if it's possible to put in the old chip from your old board?

Other than that try researching Indesit eeprom. You could also try sending your old board to QER repairs who repair boards.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Same thing I thought. I was upset they didn't mention it was not programmed. Others did mentioned they were not programmed, I assumed this one was.

I was thinking about changing the EEPROM over, but now found another site that says they can do an exchange on my old one. https://emwelec.co.uk I had contact them as it was not listed. So fingers cross and I would see how it goes from there.

Thanks

F09 on Indesit washing machines is usually "EEPROM error" which is the software chip. New ones often need setting up and programming as they are often the same boards for different models with different features and wash cycles. They shouldn't really be selling boards to the public if they need configuring without at least mentioning it. I wonder if it's possible to put in the old chip from your old board?

Other than that try researching Indesit eeprom. You could also try sending your old board to QER repairs who repair boards.

Yes that's another company dealing in repairing timers and modules.

If it was a new part and in original packaging and therefore resell-able you can send it back for a refund under the distance selling legislation within 14 days. You don't need a reason.

Thanks for the advice. I did return the other non programmed module back.

I got my original one repaired back from EMWELEC. They replaced a varistor and 4 other components. Plugged it all back up and still got the F11 fault code. My heart sank, it still was not draining.

Then though let me go over all the wiring. I took the connector back off from the module that links to the drain pump. tightened the pins inside them at both ens then made sure it was on firmly. Tried again and it worked at last, finally. I don't know if the wiring is at fault or connector pins.

The PCB module opened

24eb72w.jpg

Connector at PCB, two red wires come from drain pump on the 5 pin connector

df7n2e.jpg

It might have been that the connections needed tweaking up after taking them on and off a few times? F11 is a different fault to what you had before (F09)?