John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Lg Direct Drive F1247D5

4Shepps

• Members

Hi all.. I am puzzlers by the strange noise coming from my machine.. It is an intermittent noise. It happens if the machine is empty or full. Not a grinding noise pumps are clean and clear. Drum is turning freely and isn't loose.. For weeks it will make no noise then it starts again.. Kind of like a loud buzzing noise.. Trying to figure how to attach the video I took of it.. Anybody have clue what this could be.. Many thanks

• Root Admin

I don't think you can upload video 4Shepps, you can embed from Youtube or other places though.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I have the same problem and would like to know how to fix it. LG customer service was useless and I so regret buying this machine as it regularly chews my clothes as well :-(

There is another post on the forum where someone seems to have been able to fix by clearing some pipe but i did not understand where it was and how he accessed it.

• Members

Yeh I saw the same post not sure it's the same problem though.. Have you taken a video if your machine making the noise ?? I have we could compare ..

• Members

No, not yet. As it is intermittent it is not easy to catch.

Will take the front panel off tomorrow and look at the hose that connects to the re-circulation pump. Each time people have described the noise, it seems that is the problem.

• Members

We took the back panel off and the top to locate the noise left the machine in the middle of the kitchen while washing for a few days never made the noise.. Put it all back together yesterday the noise is back louder than ever.. I'm just confused by it...

• Members

We have taken ours apart today - checked the recirculation hose and the pumps.

Nothing that look obviously wrong so we put it back together. I will wait for the noise to come back...

• Members

Where abouts are the recirculation hose and the pumps?? And did you manage to take the bottom front panel off?? If you did how did you do it ??

Thanks Amanda

• Members

I followed a video from the internet.

Basically you unscrew your way through :

- the top, pull back lift

- remove dispenser then unscrew front top panel, pop 2 catches

- 4 or 5 screws incl door lock for the big front panel

- finally you get to remove the bottom panel

It is really easier than it sounds. You will see the recirculation hose that goes from the top, around the drum and down to a pump. That pump is the recirculation pump. By default the other is the draining pump. You need some pliers to pinch the clips and remove the hoses if needed.

Hope this helps !