I take recommending specific washing machines very seriously. I currently recommend Miele washing machines as probably the best washing machines available in the UK. As part of my commitment to giving good advice I have opened this special forum up for you to give feedback on, and ask questions about anything related to buying a Miele washing machine.

If you buy any washing machine recommended by Washerhelp I will try to give help and support, especially if you buy through a Washerhelp link which can help keep the site running. Please post your opinion of the washing machine, any questions you may have prior to buying one and even any problems you may encounter afterwards.

This forum is not for general repair support on Miele washing machines out of guarantee.

RELATED BUYING WASHING MACHINE ADVICE -

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• 12 years later...

Like you Andy, I’ve long been a Miele fan. Bought our first in 1983. Lasted 24 years. Replaced with another in 2009. The circuit board has failed. €520 to replace it, plus callout and labour. I’ll never buy another Miele. It’s a cheap machine from now on.

Great site and thank you for all the information.

Thanks Fud. That's the only problem with Miele now, some of their repair prices can be ludicrously high. In some cases it's cheaper to buy a new one than get it repaired. That's one of the things you hope to avoid when buying Miele instead of cheap disposable ones. There is an argument that it's still better value to get a 10 year old Miele repaired than to buy an new one that is likely to only last 7 to 10 years on average though. A Miele washing machine should easily last 20 years. But there's absolutely no guarantee so it's understandable why most people wouldn't take the risk. 

The problem with the "cheap" machines you say you will buy from now on is that many of them really are rubbish and can be scrap in a very short time. I have a poll where 3,600 people have replied and it shows that about 24% of people said their last washing machine lasted only 3 years or less. The results are in the right column of this article How long should a washing machine last?

At the end of the day there's no clear cut definitive answer :)

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.