John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Burst Hose! Lg F1403Yd5 - Please Help!

snowathlete

• Members

Hi,

I am struggling with my machine. I am disabled and can't really afford to pay an engineer to come.

Last week my machine leaked a bit. I took the lid off and ran it and saw that one of the internal hoses (which runs water from the inlet valve to the soap draw) was expanding when the inlet valve was letting water in, causing water to leak out of the end where it is clipped to the inlet valve.

I replaced it thinking it was a worn hose and the machine has worked for a couple of days.

Today though I heard a popping sound when it was running, I went to the kitchen to investigate and the electrics tripped the fuse for all the downstairs sockets. Water (more was pooling in front of the machine. I turned it all off and took the machine out and the new hose i ftted (genuine part) has burst open completely spraying water all over the inside which is why it tripped the fuse box.

I am now thinking it is not a worn hose, but rather a problem elsewhere. Could it be the inlet valve is faulty and letting in way too much water pressure? Or is it something else?

I can provide photos if it helps?

Thank you.

Joel

• Root Admin

Thanks for the update.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.