John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Indesit Wil123S Wont Start

korky

• Members

Just recently the front display panel refused to light up to commence a wash cycle.

I sourced a used replacement panel plus main PCB which were sold as in working order, in addition I fitted a new replacement door catch.

The display panel now lights up and a wash program can be selected,however,the machine refuses to start up on any cycle.

Can you advise what I could further do to get it going.

Regards

• Root Admin

Main suspect would have to be the door interlock. Check out this article which mentions troubleshooting the door interlock - washing machine won't start

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• Members

Thanks for the reply Andy - As I mentioned I had sourced used front panel+pcb,main pcb -sold as fully working- and new door lock. Me not knowing what the problem really was just fitted the three items and crossed my fingers it'd go - but it didn't.

I decided to interchange the items with the originals one by one as an elimination process, lo and behold it transpired the replacement main pcb was faulty and the original was fine as the washer is now functioning, in the process the original lock was put back and that was fine too, seems the front panel+pcb was the problem all along as the original wouldn't light up,but the replacement now does.

It was an interesting adventure that eventually came to fruition. I also got a refund for the faulty main pcb.

Regards

• Like 1

• Root Admin

Thanks for the update, as an engineer you learn you can never assume any replacement part is immune from being the cause of a fault - even brand new - but of course naturally we suspect other things first. Glad you sorted it, I've no idea why you decided to replace all 3 instead of the control panel first - glad you aren't my surgeon ;)

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.