Jump to content
John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances


Recommended Posts

CANDY Turbomatic 801.

I had a small leak on this machine.

After ruling out the obvious: inlet pipes / connection + outlet pipes etc I saw a drip coming from the sump hose, & thought it was split.

When I got it off, it seems to be perfect, and the run marks look as if it was leaking around the joint to the drum.

I obtained a tube of Appliance Part adhesive & glued it back in place yesterday.

I hesitantly started a wash today, but stopped it within a few seconds as the water was gushing out.

I haven’t done a full check yet, but the water seemed to be coming from two places – to be confirmed a,s,a,p.

In my haste to catch some of the water, my pot touched the cooling fan on the filter/pump housing, & snapped 4/5 vanes off it.

I thought that I’d put plenty of adhesive on the hose / drum, & made sure it was seated properly. It seemed to be perfect before I started.

The smaller of the tubes on this hose, goes onto a polythene tube & disappears up the side of the drum.

Where does this go please ?

Are there any drawings / diagrams of the workings of this machine ?

Unfortunately, I have to go to the hospital this afternoon, so won’t be able to look further into it.

If I can get this old machine to stop leaking, I’ll need a fan for the filter/pump. Are they available ?

What are they actually called ? Searching for Candy filter fan comes up with everything but ?!

I dropped a line to Candy/Hoover, but as usual, I haven’t had a reply.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

All the best to you all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

No parts are available for any washing machine pump other than a pump filter. If a washing machine is old enough to have a pump that used to be repairable the chances are parts are obsolete for it. Try searching for Candy washing machine pumps to see if you can find a new one. If it has a fan fitted it sounds like a fairly old one.

Regarding leaks, one of the tips on my troubleshooting washing machine leaks page is that water dripping from a part or hose may well be coming from higher up and not the part itself, which may be the case for you. If the leak is much worse since you glued it in I can only suspect it didn't seat in properly and needs carefully checking, maybe removing and resealing.

If it has a small tube going up to the top it's likely to be a pressure tube which goes to a pressure switch. The water levels are controlled through such a tub by the water entering the machine forcing air up that tube to operate an air pressure switch.

There aren't any drawings or diagrams available other than what the trade uses (at great expense) so they are not likely to be publicly avaialable.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy appliance spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Appliance Repairs

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Click here to - Book Repair Now

Buy Your Spare Parts

Price match promise: "If you find the exact same part or accessory elsewhere for cheaper, we’ll not only match it, we’ll beat it!" -

Click here to - Buy spare parts now

  • Popular Contributors

    Nobody has received reputation this week.

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Create New...