Appliance Offers
Poppy

Aqm8F49U(Fr) Error: F13

My Hotpoint Ariston aqualtis washer dryer has stopped working and I have 3 kids under 5 - help!!!

It's a French model but maybe its the same as a uk model? It stopped mid washing cycle, water still inside, F13 flashing. Won't drain even on the drain setting, just ones back to F13..

Ideas muchly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Book washing machine & appliance repairs Buy appliance spare parts

Note: The links above are needed to help keep this site running, please consider using them.

According to my information F13 isn't used on the Hotpoint Aqualtis. The only F13 error codes I can see are for Hotpoint Ultima models showing a problem with the tumble dryer section. As your machine is not sold in the UK it's possible there are some differences. If it is the same as the F13 code I can see it says it's detecting too high a temperature on the tumble drying stage and to check for obstructions in the air flow as well as the dryer motor, the dryer NTC (which is the thermostat) and connections. If it is the same error the dryer is overheating or thinks it is, which can be caused by the fan motor not running, obstructions somewhere in the air flow or a faulty NTC.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Book appliance engineer | Buy your Spares (4Washerhelp)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Maybe I will need to contact the French leg of the company then. I am kind of assuming the error is in the washing part since water is left inside. But who knows.

Is the machine in the UK? If so I would contact Indesit UK, it's often tricky to get a machine repaired if it comes from another country because model numbers and other things are usually different.

Need an engineer, or to buy appliance spare parts? Please use my affiliate links to support this forum.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

If it's in France then you'll have to get French Indesit :)

Does it have 2 connections on it for wires? The numbers on a part are very rarely any use. They are usually the part's manufacturer numbers but they are usually different to the manufacturer of the finished product who use their own numbers to identify parts. Check to see if has come off the top of the appliance where the dryer parts are.

Hi, yes it was from the dryer hot air feed (alu piece that spans over the top of the drum and feeds into the edge of the drum). There is a hole where the ntc is inserted. My husband checked the ntc at work at it was around 18k ohms (room temp)and reduced in resistance when heated, hence it being an ntc. He cleaned it and reinstalled it and connected it back up, and it seems to work! Yay. In the mean time I will order a spare, can you supply these? If not I did find one on the Internet.

I host a spares site here - 4washerhelp appliance spare parts but you won't find your model number in there because it's only UK models. It's probable that the dryer NTC is common amongst most of their washer dryers but to be on the safe side you'd be better ordering it from a French spares site which lists your model number.

Try to replace the part, which as you've seen is easy enough, but if problems persist you need to get an engineer in.

Guest Xuthus

I have just found this this read via a Google search. I also have a Hotpoint Aqualtis AQM8F49U which has come up with F-13. In my case it is definitely in the drying cycle. The machine stops before the clothes are dry but there appears to be no water in the drum at the time.

Unlike the previous poster I am in the UK and bought the machine in the UK.

Guest Xuthus

Further to my last post am I right in thinking the aluminium assembly with its attachments in the following photo is the dryer mechanism:

20131128_164719.jpg

and if so is this:

20131128_165315.jpg

on the right hand side and towards the front of the machine the NTC? How does that NTC come out - is it a push fit, screw in, bayonet etc?

I can feel into the front of this aluminium assembly from the door seal and I can't feel anything in the way but obviously I can only get my fingers in so far. Is there any external vent to this or does this connect to the back of the drum in a closed loop?

Yes that's all the dryer parts. I'm not sure how it comes out to be honest. I'd expect it to twist or push into place.