Washing Machine Leaking Down Concrete Block

My washing machine seems to be leaking from behind a lump of concrete which I guess is used to balance the drum. I can't see why it should start leaking from here but the concrete is wet and lines up roughly with the wet spot on the floor.

Can you tell me what might be causing this leak and how I can fix it (if indeed I can).

It could be leaking from the outer tub. Old washing machines with vitrious enamal tubs can leak from the concrete block fixing struts brackets and new washing machines with plastic tubs can get damaged by coins and obstructions left in pockets. If so, it's probably scrap unless you could fix it with some epoxy resin or special compound for fixing leaks from a plummers merchant.

Take off the concrete block and see if it is rusted near the struts.

It could be leaking from elsewhere though and just running onto the weight. I've known door seals leak where they fit to the tub and run down there. You may need to remove the weight.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Thanks for your reply. I suspect you are right about the door seal. Now, next question - do you happen to know a company (with website perhaps?) that would be able to send me a replacement door seal for such an old washing machine?

Thanks once again.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Book your Repair

Book washing machine & appliance repairs

Order your Spares

Ransom Spares is a family company with over 1 million white goods appliance spare parts for sale. Next day delivery available, friendly company with over 5000 reviews on Trust Pilot

Price match promise: "If you find the exact same part or accessory elsewhere for cheaper, we’ll not only match it, we’ll beat it!" -

Buy your appliance spare part