John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Ariston 1400Swd Will Not Start (Anything)

Thomas

• Members

I have a washing machine which im trying to repair for my landlord. He called out an engineer who said that he suspected that it was a PCB issue and would not be worth fixing.Taking his word as gospel (mistake i know) i ordered a replacement pcb and fitted it. However the same symptons persist. When you try to start any option on the dial the machine will lock the door (audible) and the light will NOT come on for the door lock and then it will not go any further. When you canel the cycle, the door light FLASHES but the lock remains engaged. There are no problems with the water pipes and the last time the machine worked (slightly) it completed a whole cycle and then would not let the door open until it was left for about 15 minutes off.

Thanks for reading

• Root Admin

Hello Thomas, yes it sounds like you made a mistake there. The reason the engineer said it wasn't worth fixing is very likely to be because he wasn't sure - otherwise why not fit the part or at least try and get it to work? If the door lock light doesn't come on maybe the door lock is faulty but who knows what else could be wrong? The problem is these machines are cheap and nasty and not worth throwing money at. I wouldn't waste any more time and money on speculatively buying parts. What I'm puzzled by is why isn't the landlord getting you a new machine?

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.