John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Hoover Electron 850Wd Instructions?

Rate this topic

kira

• Members

hiii, i just moved in a new house and here we have an old washing machine and i don't know how to use it. The model is HOOVER ELECTRON 850WD please if you know how to use it, this information will be usefull. thank you very much

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi there,

Hopefully I can help.

Firstly, congratulations - the Hoover Logic/Electron range are some of the best, and a darn sight better than 80% of the modern market.

They use the old timer-style controls, which means the programs will be set our in order around the program selector. The rule with these style machines it that program 1 (or A if the machine has letters instead of numbers), is usually the hottest, longest wash and the programs follow on as below:

1/A - Whites 90/95 with pre-wash

2/B - Whites 90/95

3/C - Fast Coloureds 60

4/D - Non Fast Coloureds 40

5/E - rinses

6/F - Spin

As this is an older machine, it won't have a 30 degree cycle, but it will do a full load on Non Fast Coloureds 40 or 60 in an hour or under. You should be fine using these 2 cycles (40 for darks and coloureds and 60 for whites and bedsheets) for pretty much everything.

Hope this helps

• 2 years later...
  • Root Admin

I have a page on my main site to find instruction books and manuals for washing machines and other appliances.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• 8 months later...
  • Members
Good Morning,

Anyone know me explain how programs work in Washer and Dryer HOOVER ELECTRON 850WD well as the choice of the washing program?

best regards,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hi,

The 850WD is a European machine. It's actually made by Merloni-Servis who also make Diplomat integrated machines. The programming will be very similar, if not the same, and the controls to operate the dryer function should be the same. Perhaps a Diplomat manual would also be relevant?

The only example I can find of this machine is Finnish. Looking at the details on the machine, I can decifer the following:

valkopesu means "white washing" so:

A - Cottons 90 bio(?) + prewash
B - Cottons 90 + prewash
C - Cottons 90
D - Cottons 60
E - Cottons 40
F- huuhtelut - Rinses
G - erikoiskasittely - Special treatment. I imagine this is the conditioner rinse or bleaching stage, if needed
H - pitka linkous - Long spin

tekokuitu is "man-made fibre" in Finish, so perhaps those are synthetics/minimum iron cycles.

Hienopsu means "delicates", so these are the delicates cycles

J is cottons 60 express (quick)
N is synthetics rinse
P is synthetics special treatment

Q is short spin

When using the cycles, make sure that the temperature dial and the program dial match. For example, cottons 60 should be set to program D with 60 selected on the temp dial.

Sorry, but I'm not sure how to operate the dryer. I imagine you just ensure that the program dial is on the dot icon (for off/stop), set the drying timer and turn the machine on.

• Like 1