John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Bosch Waq24460Gb Or Aeg L75270Fl?

Hello

I'm finding it very hard to work out what to do since our old bosch WFF2000 (15yrs+) has given up the ghost. The Bosch WAQ24460GB and AEG L75270FL are both around the £400 mark and have 4 and 5 year guarantees respectively - is there much difference between them? I really would like one which is built to last and can be repaired if necessary.

Miele and ISE would be the other options based on your recommendations, but with prices starting at around £700 (from what I can find) and the same length guarantee unless you spend a lot more, I just don't know if it's worth paying the extra considering we do maybe 3-4 loads a week.

I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Laura

Hello Laura. I don't think there's a significant difference between AEG and Bosch on build qiality but AEG tend to be a bit higher spec and more expensive. AEG (The Electrolux group) have a better reputation for spares and technical information within the trade but sadly they have moved on to using sealed outer tubs, which I completely disagree with.If you want an appliance that's built to last and to be repaired then there is only one brand to buy and that is ISE. The Asko manufactured appliances from ISE are the only appliances available in the UK that are built to a standard I would call high and promise to be repairable at reasonable prices in the future with freely available technical support that any engineer can repair. ISE have a no spares markup policy and have proclaimed they will not be trying to make large profits out of spare parts like all other manufacturers do.

I would have thought 3 - 4 loads a week is more average than light use. If you can't afford the ISE I would go for the AEG but nothing can compete with the ISE10 series built by Asko. Miele can boast even higher quality on some parts but it can't come anywhere close when it comes to repairability, fair price of spares and technical information availability and support.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Hi Andy

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Would you say that the Siemens machines are around the same quality as Bosch and AEG?

Thanks for all the info about ISE, I will definitely look into it. I can see that it would be a good investment, particularly with a 10 year guarantee.

Decisions decisions...

Thanks,

Laura

Hello Laura. Bosch and Siemens are owned by the same group. Bosch are the budget brand and Siemens a higher spec brand. They should be more expensive but with more features. I don't think there will be a significant difference in pure build quality though there may be a little difference in places.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

I personally would choose Bosch.

The insides have not really changed since the WFF2000 machines 15 years ago. The motor is identical.

The Bosch machine model you mentioned has no sealed tub, whereas all AEG machines have sealed tub, which basically helps you to repair the Bosch in future, whereas the AEG will most likely be written off if something goes wrong inside, or even a coin drops in.

The Bosch also has some clever technology called Activewater, the AEG doesn't have this, it basically converts about 4 gallons of water into the power of 40 gallons plus active water adjusts the water level to the load meaning no half load button required. But it measures it to the nearest 1%, most machines including the AEG probably measure it to nearest 25%.

The Bosch also has some unique programmes, such as mixed wash, sensitive (ideal for removing allergy's pet hairs, washing bedding, towels etc), dark colours and a fast 15 minute 2KG cycle.

Thanks for that gelenfieldmathk1: If all AEG washing machines now have sealed outer tubs I won't be recommending them any more.