John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Lg Stacking Kits

Hi everyone

Can anyone answer what should be a simple question?

I have just ordered the following:

LG 11kg Steam Direct Drive WM (F1443KDS) and

LG 9kg Condenser Dryer (RC9011A)

I would like to stack the dryer on the washing machine and the instructions in the dryer manual (downloaded so far as I haven't received the machines yet) show two different stacking kits - the use of which depends upon the size of the WM top plate size - but which does not give part numbers. According to the instructions, the critical top dimensions are either 550mm or 600mm but it does not make it clear (although I assume) whether this applies to the depth of the appliance. As the front of the machines are NOT flat, I cannot assume that the dimensions of the machines given in the machine specs are the dimensions of the top plate as they are overall dimensions.

I have contacted LG directly who have advised I contact their authorised spares and accessories for advice/supply of the kit as they cannot give me the information directly. In turn the company to which I am directed advise me that they do have that information or a part listed and return me to LG customer support. In a second attempt with the parts supplier, I was advised they would email me after taking all the relevant details. I have received an email but unfortunately, it only informs me that they cannot find the information and therefore cannot supply the part I need.

What gives???

Can anyone with any experience of these LG machines and LG's stacking kits cast any light on the situation as I have found LG stacking kits listed on other spare sites but with no reference to the machines that they can be used for.

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The best place to get stacking kits is the manufacturer of the appliances. Few if any other companies bother stocking them though some will order them from the manufacturer. Basically there's no money in selling them, there's a very low demand for them and they only fit certain models.

The product information for the LG-F1443KDS says it's width is 60 cm (600mm) and depth 64cm so I would presume from that LG should be able to match it.

If you are phoning LG spares department and giving them the model numbers of the washing machine and dryer it's totally unacceptable that they cannot supply you with a stacking kit. I would ring them back and insist that they send you one, and if they don't know which one ask them to get back to you asap. Otherwise I would take it as an indication of the type of aftersales care you may expect and decide to buy a different brand (such as AEG).

In my experience, most of the brown goods brands famous for good TVs and videos have relatively poor white goods aftersales in the UK.

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Hi Andy

Thanks for your comment. I think you just might be right re. the aftercare issue.

After the declaration from LG's authorised parts and accessories supplier that the product does not exist, I contacted LG Customer Service directly using their online form. I forwarded the email I had received from their approved supplier. The response I received (quite promptly) is as follows:

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we do not have a part number for a stacking kit as these are not manufactured by LG. They are universal kits for all kitchen appliances so if Connect Distribution cannot supply one you can contact any parts supplier. If you type it into a search engine online it will bring up several companys who sell stacking kits.

I hope this has been of assistance to you and if you have any further questions please email or contact our customer service team on 0844 8475454 who will be happy to help.

Best regards,

Sam

LG Electronics UK Helpdesk

It seems that not even LG UK know that LG manufacture a stacking kit!

Fortunately (for my sanity and general well-being), the company I ordered the appliances from managed to find somebody at LG that promised they would send me a stacking kit and all that was required was my name and address. Needless to say I did not hold out any hope!

What a surprise then when today I have a parcel delivered that contains a stacking kit. What is more, the kit contains both of the kits required so there is no choice to be made regarding which kit to order because it contains all available options. Quite ironically, inside the kit is a nicely printed instruction leaflet, in Korean on one side and English on the other - yes, it is made by LG!!!

Whilst I am happy that I now have my stacking kit, I am still at a loss why LG UK, nor their approved parts supplier, did not know that they manufactured a stacking kit for their machines and directed me to purchase a non-specific generic model that I doubt would fit because the machine front is not flat! Obviously someone knows it exists but they are not spreading the word!!!

I would love to be able to give a part number for the kit so that others may benefit from this knowledge but alas there is no part number that I can see!

So! Success at last but as the machines have also now arrived, I am stuck with them so I hope I never need a thingummybob or whatsit before the end of their life because I am sure LG Customer service (or their approved representatives) will tell me that no such items exists!!!

Such is life!

Many thanks for the feedback.

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

• 2 weeks later...

I appear to be running into exactly the same issues with locating an LG stacking rack (I too have the same LG models mentioned below). LG have been hugely unhelpful, advised me to contact connect distribution, which I did but they don't stock the kit.

I have now searched online virtually everywhere - any ideas where I can locate such a rack? Surely it can't be this difficult.

Now having serious doubts about my recent LG purchases

Connect distribution are by far the largest spares company in the UK. They power my 4washerhelp spares site. I can only feel that if they don't have any, and LG themselves don't - then you've hit a brick wall. Unfortunately these brown goods companies based in Korea and Japan etc. just don't seem to have a good enough aftersales infrastructure in the UK.