Deciding Between Miele And Bosch

Hi,

I'm looking at getting a new washing machine and think I've narrowed it down to two models.

The Bosch WAQ28460GB Excell (7 kg, spin 1400rpm) - I already have a Bosch tumble dryer which I really like and find easy to use.

or

The Miele 5740 (also 7kg, 1400rpm)

I do 2-3 loads of laundry per week on average.

Is the Miele really so much better than the Bosch that I should pay nearly twice as much (which means I'd need to borrow some money from my dad) - the thought of potential prohibitively expensive repairs of the Miele really makes me wonder about this.

Would be interested to get input from anyone who has one of these machines.

Thanks!

I would say Miele washing machines are definitely more than twice as good as a Bosh. The only downside is the potential cost of repairs in the future. If you only do 2 or 3 washes a week though a Bosch may be fine. The difference is very roughly similar (in my opinion) to a Ford and a BMW

• Like 1

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.

Thanks - I see the Miele's have a 10 year guarantee - hopefully that would offset a lot of repair cost worry? Do you have any idea of the breakdown rates of Miele's? What I mean is, what is the likelihood of it breaking down - if it's only occasionally on some machines then I guess the likelihood of being stuck with a big repair bill is small.

I think I have answered my own questions and think I may go for the ISE10 machine instead of Miele or Bosch!

Looking at other posts on this forum I started to think about an AEG machine - I have had an AEG washer/dryer and dishwasher in the past and they were both marvelous and both lasted over 8 years with absolutely no problems - the dishwasher used to be so quiet I would sometimes double and triple check to see if it was actually on.

But then I saw the posts on the ISE machines. I really hate that a lot of things are so "disposable" now - it is completely counterintuitive to how we are all supposed to be working towards being environmentally friendly. Also - I'm a busy person - I do not want to have to be hanging around my house waiting for a repairman for any appliance on a regular basis so I try to buy things of a good quality to get a good "bang for my buck". To that end I also spend a LOT of time reading and researching about brands when making any big purchase - so if I have to do that every few years too that's a lot more of my time wasted.

I also like the idea that the ISE is sold by my local guy who I have used in the past to repair an oven and he is really good and trustworthy - happy to give him my money and business and to know he is there to repair it (at a reasonable price) when I might need it. So ISE10 it is!

• 1 year later...

Need a repair or spare parts? 

Book a Repair | Buy Spares (Cheapest prices guaranteed)

Warning:  Read this before attempting any diy repairsNo representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of advice. I can't be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information on this website, which is given free of charge and in good faith.