John Lewis give 2 year guarantee on white goods appliances

Cheaper End - Bosch Or Zanussi

We have around £250-£300 budgeted for a new washing machine. With the help of 'which?' and general opionions gatered here and there I've managed to narrow it down to two options; the

BOSCH WAE24162 1200rpm 6kg at around £230-250 or the

ZANUSSI ZWF1237 1200rpm 7kg at around £260-280

I'm leaning toward the Bosch but that was really based on their reputation which it seems after looking here is not so great. The Zanussi had better 'which?' reviews (best buy if I remember rightly) but the Bosch has some good/reasonable customer reviews. Any ideas?

I would want any machine to work out over its life to cost at most around £60 for each year of use.

Also, the rest of the story; -my other half is a farmer so as you can imagine he comes in absolutly covered in dust, mud, oil etc often. We could afford to buy a better machine but i'm going on the assumption that I can't expect any machine to last forever with those conditions (the current one occasionally has a mucky silt left in the bottom of it) so i'd rather go cheaper and replace more often, in my logic it seems more hygenic that way too. Would this be correct?

Am I asking too much for a machine to take this on? My options are;

If a more expensive one would cope remarkably better and last significantly longer, purchase one of these.

Use the current leaky past it one in the garage for the really mucky stuff and get one of the above for everything else

Get one of the above and use it for everything - because it should cope - and probably replace it more often

I know i'm asking different things here but if anyone has any info which relates to any part of the above please pass it on

- also currently replacing the hoover, iron and board etc so trying to find good value for money as it will be an expensive month!! :o